Chpater 13

Jack

We were all eating lunch and I could feel Athena wasn't all there. I over heard their conversation and she looked pretty upset about what Izzy had said. I always knew Sam liked Athena from the moment I met them. I would hear him growl quietly whenever Athen would touch me or get close to me.

I couldn't help but wonder if Athena felt the same way he did. Would she have been with him if I had never came to the Rose Mountain pack. I start to get angry with the thought of her loving somebody else, but I shouldn't. She didn't even know I existed and I was with Sarah at the time, so I'm no better, but I started to I wonder if Athena had ever had a boyfriend before, or if shes ever had sex before?

I had to stop thinking about, because I could feel my wolf getting angry at the thought. Athena placed her hand on my arm while she was still talking to Izzy and just feeling her touch made me feel 10 times better.

I still don't know much about this mate bond thing, but I'm starting to realize we could sense each other's emotions, and we haven't even marked each other yet. I take her hand in mine and my anger washes away.

"Well I better head out before it gets too late." Marcus says.
    "Where are you going?" Athena ask
    "I promised I'd go visit Nick from the Red Falls pack. I hear his son is having a hard time becoming Alpha. I'm just gonna go and see if I can help out anyway I can." He tells her.

"Thats nice of you daddy." Athena smiles. I love seeing her smile, it's sweet and very welcoming.
    "Well it was nice meeting you Jack. I hope you stay a round a little longer before you leave. I'd like to get to know you better, now that you are with my daughter." He says.
    "I'd like that sir, thank you." I respond.

I haven't even thought about what I was going to do now. Would Athena come with me or would she want me here with her. I guess I need to ask her eventually, but for now, I just wanna enjoy my time here with her.

Marcus gets up from his seat and waves to everyone goodbye. We continued to talk with one another for thirty minutes, until Mark and CJ leave to spend some time together.

"Well I'm gonna head out too. I still need to head into town to get some supplies. Reed care to join me?" Izzy ask.
    "Sure, I'm sure boss would like to spend some time with his women." He gives me a wink and I just roll my eyes at him.

Once they left, Athena offers to show me around. She told me how their homes were all made by hand and how they practically live off the forest and hunt for their own food like fish and deer. They lived in the middle of nowhere, isolated from the human world. She said they feel more free this way, to be able to shift whenever they like. She told me that they have showers in their homes, but they prefer to bathe in the river because their wolves enjoy the feeling. She explained how their medicines are made of herbs and they even have their own doctors here too.

"You guys truly live different lives then we do, it now makes sense on way you guys are so dominant to us. We neglect our wolves and we choose to live more like human than anything else, and it's my fault. I let my people do as they pleased because I didn't wanna be a hated Alpha, and in result of that we ended up losing our way." I say.

Athena looked at me and I couldn't tell if she was disappointed in me or felt sorry for me. She grabs my hand and pulls me into the forest. She doesn't say a word just drags me to where ever she was taking me.

We got deeper into the forest until we hit a tall bush. Athena stops in front of it and turns to look at me again. "I don't think it's the Moon Goddess that is punishing you." She says and then she walks through the bush and I follow close behind her.