Chapter 38

Athena...

11 months later.

I wake up to the sound of crying and look at the clock that reads 6:20a.m. Jack was laying on my arm and I slowly removed it from under him. I get out of bed and head over to the nursery where Jacob was.

"Hey buddy." I left him up and start rocking him in my arms and his head immediately faces my breast. "So you're hungry huh?" I chuckle.

I walked down stairs to the living room and sat on the recliner. I grabbed the body pillow next to me and prompted Jacob up to my breast. He immediately launches on and started feeding. I played with his tiny hands and he grabs my finger.

The moment Jacob came into this world, it felt like my world froze. I remember holding my son for the first time and how it felt so surreal. My demon felt the strength he gave off and I had no doubt he would be a strong alpha just like his father.

"I carried you for 9 months and you come out looking like your dad." I say. He had Jacks jet black hair and also had the same sweet blue eyes Jack had.

"Whats wrong with the way I look." Jack says. I look up and see him stepping into the room. He walks over to us and squats right next to me.
    "How long have you been awake for?" He ask.
    "Not long, he just needed a morning snack I guess." Jack played with his hair, surprisingly Jacob had a full set of hair when he came out.

I started to yawn and my eyes got heavier.
    "Are you tired?" Jack ask.
    "Ya, he woke up three times to feed last night." I say rubbing my eyes.
    "Well it looks like he's back a sleep. Why don't you lay on the couch and I'll burp him for you."
    "Are you sure?"

Jack nods and I slowly give Jacob to him, trying not to wake him up. I grab a pillow and lay on the couch across from them. I pull the couch blanket over me and stare at the two most important people in my life.

Jack pulls the recombined back and begins to burp our son. I laugh when Jacob spits up all over Jacks chest. He grabs the burp rag and wipes the spit up he had on his arm.

Mom, I hope you can see me. I hope you can see how much I've grown. I love being a mother to Jacob, and I read your story book to him every night. I miss you mom, I wish you were here with us. I wish you could have met your grandson. I just hope your happy, and just know I love you so much.

I see Jack rubbing Jacobs back and planting kisses on his head. I honestly could look at them forever and never get tired of it. I came such a long way from where I was, and if it weren't for Jack, I'd probably be gone by now. I don't know what I would do without him.

"I love you." I tell him and he looks at me and smiles.
"I love you more." He says and with that I fall back to sleep.

The End............