Chapter 32

Jack

    A few days had passed since Athena had left. Mark and Sean left to the neighboring packs to warn them about the tea bags. Thankfully Lana was able to recreate the antidote now that we knew what it was.

    I had my men scattered all over the forest, but not one of them have been able to pick up her scent. I felt like I'm running out of time and I felt useless just waiting around.

    On the bright side, Marcus was finally back on his feet and looking 100 percent better. So now we don't have to worry about Athena refusing to come back.

    CJ had been trying to get me to eat and sleep, but I couldn't knowing Athena wasn't safe. My wolf has been on edge since she's been gone and I feel like I'm losing myself with each passing day.

    Nate and I decided to go try and speak to the two men we captured. Since arriving here they haven't said a single and I don't think they will without a little help. I'm losing too much time just waiting here, so I called a friend of mine who might be able to get them to talk.

    We walk inside the storage house and see our friend already there.
    "Daniel, it good to see you man." I say.     "Little Jack, is that you? Man it's been a minute." He laughs and places a hand over my shoulder.

    Daniel here used to be my father's best friend. He's a lone wolf that does side jobs here and there just to earn some money. Daniel is a really good guy, but the work he does is pretty brutal.

    "So what have you called me for?" He asked.
    "I need some information out of these guys." I tell him.
    "Well I figured that much, but what for?"
    "My mate was taking from me, I need to know were there hiding her." I say.

    "What, little Jackie has found him self a mate? Man after all these years of saying you didn't want, you finally found a girl who has tied you down." He laughs and starts pasting my back.

    He begins to take his shirt off and place it next to a nearby chair. Nate hands him his tools and then he walks over to them. He grab the pliers first and turn to face them. He look at them both, deciding which one he wants to start with first. He then decides to pick the bigger guy. Which I figured he would, Daniel likes a challenge. He doesn't even ask a questions, just start to cutting off each finger from his left hand.

    Blood curdling screams fill the air and when he cuts off the last finger he steps back and wipe the blood from his pliers. Daniel by all means isn't a bad person, but he does have a side to him that only can be satisfied by doing these jobs. He also never tortures people who have already talked and he will never harm a woman or child.

    "Ok, now talk." He says as he takes a seat in front of them. The guy then spits on Daniels shoe and only smiles. Daniel doesn't even react to it, he just gets back up and starts with the other hand. The guy violently shakes in his chair and I see the smaller guy freaking out at the scene.

       "We Can't Tell You, Even If We Wanted Too!" The smaller one screams. Daniel takes a step back and wipe the blood from my hands.
       "Why not!" He yells.
      "Shut your fucking mouth." The other guy tells him. Daniel goes back to his tools and grabs a hammer. He looks at it for a second and slams it down onto the guys knee, another scream fills the air.

   "Please, we can't tell you, he'll kill us." The smaller guy cry's. He lands another heavy blow to the other knee, making the guy scream until he loses consciousness. Daniel then walks over to the other guy and raises his hammer.
    "Wait! I'll tell you, you need a witch!" He screams.

"Why?" I say.
    "Because our memories were wiped. They put a spell on us so that we wouldn't remember a thing. We only knew what we were told." He says. Daniel places the hammer back down. I look at Nate and he grabs his phone to call Lana over.

After waiting for a bit, Lana finally walks in and sees the gruesome seen.
"Jeez guys, what did you all do." She says.
     "I got information. They said that they were put under a spell that made them loose their memory. We were hoping you could retrieve them for us." Daniel say.

"Lets see what we have then." Lana places a hand on the smaller guy's forehead. She closes her eyes and the guy starts to squirm in place. The lights start to flicker and then all of a sudden both the guys start to shake violently. Foam starts to leave their mouths and their eyes roll back. Lana pulls her hand away and steps back.

"Shit!" She says. Then both the body's slump forward.
    "What the hell just happened?" I ask
    "These fucking witches planted a cruse on these two men. Once my magic touched them, it activated it and killed them both." She says. She places a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry Jack, I wish I could have been more helpful."

I shake my head. "No Lana, this wasn't your fault, thank you." I started to feel hopeless once again. I didn't know what else to do. The only hope we had left is now dead. I have no other clues of to where she could be and on top of that, I can't even feel her wolf anymore.
"Boss!" Reed mind links to me.
    "Whats is it."
    "You need to come to the Rose Mountain Pack now!"

The urgency in his voice made me think something was wrong. I don't ask any question and just storm to the Rose Mountain pack. Lana, Nate and Daniel followed close behind me, asking me what was wrong, but I didn't even know my self.

We got there as fast as we could and see Mark hugging a women. Mark lets her go and I see that it's Izzy. I run over to them, looking around to find Athena, but I couldn't see her anywhere.    

"Izzy?" I say. She sees me and gives me a hug and starts to cry. I then get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, only think the worst.
    "I'm so sorry Jack. We tried to get her out, but she closed off the exit." Izzy cries.
    "Shh, its ok Izzy. I'm not mad at you. I'm just happy you were able to escape." I say.

"Your not mad at me?" She cries.
    "Of course not, your one of my people now Izzy, your protection is my priority." I reassure her.

I look behind her and see one of Coles men. I charged at him, but Mark stops me by grabbing my shoulder.
    "What the hell is he doing here!" I yell. Mark and now Reed are holding me back. Izzy runs between me and him and I look at her confused.
    "Please Jack, just listen to what he has to say." She pleads.

I don't know what this guy has to say, but if he can help with getting Athena back then I should at least hear him out. I stop charging at him and let out a sigh. He walks a little closer an begins to tell me his story.

He told us his business with Cole and how he was sent to spy on him. He told us about Coles plans, which only confirmed Lanas theory. Izzy told me how they tried to escape, but Athena wasn't able to get out in time. It gave me a little relief knowing she tried to escape, because our biggest fear was that she wouldn't want to come home because of her father. He then told us about Coles plan with Athena and I feared that we would be to late to stop him.

"When does he plan to do the ritual?" I ask.
    "On the next full moon." He says
    "But thats tomorrow." Mark says and James gives him a sad nod.
    "Gather all your men, we leave here tonight." I say.

I'm coming for you my Love, just hold on a bit longer.