Chpater 28

Jack

The last 2 weeks have been amazing. Athena and I have been getting closer with each passing day. She has been such an amazing Luna towards our people and I can tell almost everyone already loves her, but sadly there are a few who still believe she's dangerous. They think she will put our pack at risk, but she never lets those people bother her.

Athena has been training with us every day, teaching our pack her ways and making us stronger. I hate to say it but she's actually better at training than me. The pack had become stronger and no one wanted to leave anymore. Many found their mates in the Rose Mountain pack, which means our pack will only grow from here.

Even though everything has been going great these last two weeks. I still have this gut feeling that something bad was coming our way. I just hope we are prepared for it when it does.

I decided to go over to the Rose Mountain Pack to speak with Marcus. Athena stayed behind to help my mom with supper which was great because I needed to have a private conversation with him anyway.

When I arrived at the campsite, I wave at Mark who was doing drills with his men.
Mark became Alpha last week and so far he's been doing a great job at it. My sister also moved in with Mark last week and she will soon be Lune in just a couple of days.

I make my way to Marcus's home and knock on his door. "Come in." He says. I walk in and see him sitting on the sofa, reading a really old looking book.
"Jack my boy, How have you been?" He ask. I look at his face and see how grey he has gotten. His cheeks have sunken in and I see dark circles under his eyes. In a weird way he started to look like my father right before he died.

I took a seat across from him. "I'm good, everything is going well, and your daughter is doing an amazing job. The people all love her." I say trying to put a smile on my face.
"Thats good to hear." He says with a proud smile. "So what is it you needed?"

"We need to tell her." I say and his smile left his face. "Athena is getting worried about you, you haven't seen her in a weeks. We can't keep making excuses on why you can't see her. I have a lot of respect for you, but I also love your daughter. I can't keep lying to her. She has the right to know what's going on."

He looks down at his book and places it on the desk. "I'm sure they told you the story about the death of Athenas mother, but they never told you what happened after words." He says. I actually never heard about what happened to Marcus after he found Athena. I could only imagine what he felt. 

"When I found Athena, her breathing was shallow. I though at that moment that I was going to lose my daughter as well. The doctors took her and started working on her, trying to save her life." His voices started to crack. "The pain was so intense that I ended up losing myself. I went out looking for anything to kill, witches, vampires, other wolves. I killed so many creatures, but nothing made the pain go away. I finally decided to go back home, not ready to hear if I lost my daughter or not, but with a miracle, the doctors told me that Athena was ok and healthy." I see the ball form in his throat. He takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I held my daughter for the very first time that day and all the pain I had went away. I knew in that moment I would protect my daughter at all cost, but now.........now I'm sick and I know that this will only hurt her."

I feel for Mark, he lost his mate and had to raise Athena on his own. He understands how important he is towards her. He is the only family member she has left, so he knows that if he leaves this world, then Athena might end up losing her self too.

"Yes, it probably will hurt her. It might even break her, but keeping it a secret will only hurt her more." I explain.
He sighs and nods. "You're right, I will tell her. Do you mind bringing her here at three tomorrow?"
"Not at all, your doing the right thing." I say and get up to get ready to head out.
"Your a good Alpha Jack, I'm happy your my daughters mate." He says. I give him a smile then head back home.