22 The Rumours of the Wolf and Cat

Bonnie

Saturday, November 26, 4:56a.m.

I haven't slept. At all last night. I ended up testing '0453qC'. It works. And I decided to build my next even larger machine: Project 0454rE. However, this should be easy. I'm just welding a bucket load of metal together. Along side some wires and other shit. To be honest, I should've have started this years ago. But, I'm having to everything now until December. I'm so tired...

Actually, I could have probably done this all in 24 hours if it wasn't for the stupid interruptions.

...

On second thought, I need to sleep.

Shadow

Saturday, November 26, 1:05p.m.

"Hey, Tyler!" I call out. 'Was what Bonnie said actually true, or was he saying that so we didn't... erm... hookup?' I think to myself, as I gesture for him to come over. If it is, I'll have to restrain the urge to stab his throat. Once he's close enough, I straight up ask him. "Is it true? About... y'know?..." With a straight face, he brings his finger to the tip of his nose then takes it off and points up with the same finger. It takes a second to factor in what he meant until I remembered. That was Bonnie's way of saying, 'I have nothing to say to you'. Annoyed, I look at his face. There is only one sign of remorse in his eyes, but nothing more. There is also something I noticed about his change in behaviour. He's not as 'shaky' as before. My mind flips back to when Bonnie was talking about the break-up.

"He faked it. He faked it all," Bonnie twitched in frustration, a broad and murderous smile chiseling into his mouth. "His nervousness for starters... Never was the 'shy' type... Then his past... and trauma..." He paused. "His love for me..."

Tyler brings up his arm and pats me on the back. "I'll tell you what happened," he sighs. The guilt is starting to show now he's speaking to me. We end up walking over to the floral flower field, the grass only beginning to wither away. The once vibrant, colour-filled flowers are now completely wilting. "I didn't want to have to tell anyone this but you are his friend," Tyler gulps. Drawing a long breath, he begins his long... and I mean long 'tale' about everything.

"I wished my friends had never put me up to this... I started to become genuinely fond of him, even if we were together for a dare. Gosh, I'm a terrible person," he tugs at his fur in annoyance. "We started off as sorta--"

"Enemies?" I inquire. He nods and continues to explain that once his friends had payed him, yes, payed him, he acted like a weakling and obsessive over Bonnie, obviously unaware Bonnie probably already knew what his friends signed him up for.

"I've always regretted what I had done to him and what he had to put up with, and--"

Tears fell down his cheeks, each droplet, a wave of guilt hit him hard. His shoulders shook with the weight of sorrow, and his breath hitched with every sob. "I'm--" he began. "I-I'm sorry." He's acting like his 'old' self. He take the asthma pump out of his back and and inhaled the air inside. "So... are you and Stacey together now?" Tyler chokes on his air. "Oh, umm..." He hesitates to answer as I patiently wait for his response, hitting his back to clear his lungs as he coughed again. "N-- *inhales inhaler* N-no. Stacey's a, erm, an asexual?" he stuttered.

Shadow

Saturday, November 26, 1:48p.m.

For nearly an hour straight, I listened to him rambling on about how much he wanted Bonnie back and how he should have treated him with respect. However, my ear only picked up only some individual stuff, like, "I loved him truly," or, "He's the best thing that's happened," or, "I need him back in my life again."

As the minutes past, since I made the decision to let him go, I found myself caught in a whirlwind of emotions, unable to escape the haunting echoes of our time together. In the quiet moments of not having someone there for me, his absence felt like a gaping hole in my heart, a void I couldn't fill no matter how hard I tried. It was only until now did I realised how much I relied on his presence, his laughter, his warmth. Every day I haven't been with him brought a growing awareness of the mistake I had made in letting him go. The memories of us haul the weight back onto my shoulders, now knowing with unwavering certainty that I needed him back in my life, that I can't bear to live another day without him by my side.

...

I need Sonic back.