CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3: Great time

“XENUS Maicodel Levanna-Lindbergh? That’s your full name? Are you from Denmark?”

“Uh... Yeah, that’s me and...yes, I uhm...from Denmark,” he stammered. I frowned because he didn’t want to tell the truth that he was the person I was talking about.

Mabilis naman inagaw sa akin ng lalaki ang cigarette and his lighter. “No wonder na mag-boyfriend at mag-girlfriend nga kayo. Pareho kayong pakialamerong dalawa,” sabi nito sa amin. Pinukulan niya kami ng masamang tingin saka siya umalis. Balak pa yatang humabol ng lalaking ito nang hinila ko ang braso niya para pigilan siya.

“Let him be, and you, find another student who can tour you inside of our university,” I said and was about to leave when he spoke.

“Kitten, do you know that when a person knows who I am and where I come from, she will be taken to Denmark to serve there? No one will know about that so you will be forced to go with us,” he said. Binabantaan niya ba ako? Dahil hindi ako natatakot doon.

“Do I care about that? I don’t care about you either, I also know that you are a fake prince, just maybe,” I blurted out and shrugged my shoulder.

“Hey, that’s below the belt and what you’re doing now is an insult to me. Do you want your prof to know this? Or the president of your school?”

“Are you a real prince or just a fake?”

“How do you know that the prince named Xenus Maicodel Levanna-Lindbergh is indeed?”

“We are no longer interested in the royal family. Just out of curiosity I was reading about that and one of those names I remember belonged to a royal family and their kingdom was in Denmark. So...”

“Wow, that’s great. I feel special,” he said as he clapped his hands. I rolled my eyes.

No choice na rin ako kundi ang samahan siya. Akala ko nga ay maiingayan ako sa kanya dahil baka madaldal siyang lalaki pero tahimik lang siya buong oras na magkasama kami at lahat ng sulok ng school namin ay nakita na niya.

“Do you often come here to the Philippines?” basag ko sa pananahimik namin.

“Hmm, only occasionally. If there is an important event that I become my father’s representative,” he replied.

“What do you think of the Philippines?”

“Cars are noisy, there is air pollution. But the Philippines is alive and well, because of the Filipinos who you can see the hard work, dedication and despite their hardships they are still able to cope, you know. You guys are fun to look at, no offense. But I like it here because not everyone likes a quiet place because you’ll just get bored. Here in your country, no matter where you go, it’s still fun,” mahabang sabi niya.

“That’s fine,” sabi ko lamang.

”Do you want to come with me to Denmark?” biglaan ay pag-iimbita niya sa akin. Nagsalubong ang kilay ko.

“Are you serious about that?” hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko sa kanya.

“I never joke.”

“Ewan ko sa ’yo.”

“Be my queen...”

“You’re not funny anymore,” nakasimangot na sabi ko.

“But on second thought, I have a girl in my heart. But you are more beautiful than her,” pambobola na naman niya sa akin. “Thank you for giving me enough of your time. Here, take this... A simple gift for you.” Inilahad ko ang palad ko para saluhin ang kuwintas na ibibigay niya sa akin at tiningnan ko ito nang mabuti.