023 kiss it better?

023kiss it better?

023
kiss it better?

"Get ready to jump

"Get ready to jump."

"What!?" Bianca cried like JJ knew she would. "No- are you crazy!?"

Pope's eyes widened at the same time, "What?!" His gaze flickered frantically between them.

"Have you lost your mind!?" Kiara berated, crawling over to the side closest to them.

"Probably!" JJ yelled over the sirens. "Get ready to jump!"

"No, I'm not jumping!" Bianca couldn't even fathom the words to express how furious she was. "I'm not leaving you!"

"B, please!" JJ called over his shoulder, holding her gaze through the side mirror. "Please, just trust me, alright!?"

Bianca let out a shaky breath, trying to dissipate the sinking feeling in her gut. She trusted JJ but she couldn't leave him. The only reason her boyfriend would tell her to go was if he was planning to do something incredibly stupid or reckless or both.

But Pope was already outstretching his arms toward her, "Come on! Come on! Okay, I've got you!" They didn't have any more time to waste. "I've got you! Come on!"

"You got this!" Cleo encouraged, nodding for the girl to jump.

"We'll catch you!" Kiara reassured.

Hesitantly, Bianca felt her hands loosen from JJ's sides. She hovered over the seat, balancing on the already unsteady death trap with trembling knees. The girl could barely hear the sirens anymore over the pounding of her heart as she leaned toward Pope.

"B, what are you doing!?" Sarah yelled, turning to the backseat.

"Easy, easy now! Be careful!" Pope watched as Bianca placed one foot on the motorcycle and the other on the truck. The moment her hand left JJ's shoulder, he grabbed onto her arms and pulled her into the vehicle.

"Oh, shi-" Topper cut himself off.

Bianca tumbled into the truck bed beside Kiara and Cleo, her vision going white but not from the blinding headlights. The jump jostled her ribs, still aching from the car crash earlier and she landed with a wince. Her knees scraped the wooden box and her sides felt as though they'd been lit aflame, so much so that she didn't even get a moment to look back for JJ before the others were fussing over her.