025 camping is for the homeless

025camping is for the homeless

025
camping is for the homeless

Rafe's arm hovered above Bianca's head, shutting the doorway without a word

Rafe's arm hovered above Bianca's head, shutting the doorway without a word. Bianca didn't want to dwell too much on how Sofia already knew her name, and what it meant if Rafe still spoke about her.

Instead, she turned to him, "Rafe you didn't tell me-"

"Sorry, I missed the memo where we keep each other updated on our lives," Rafe's jaw clenched, casting his gaze anywhere but the girl in front of him.

Bianca almost faltered backward at his sudden outburst. She should've been used to them by now but being with JJ must've lulled her into a false sense of security. She should know better. She did know better.

"Must've been some time between being kidnapped by Singh and having my Catamaran stolen," This time Rafe took a stride forward, causing Bianca to take one back.

Her eyes darted to the shut door and counted how many seconds it would take to open it and run. The answer made her face him; too many, "I'm not here to cause problems for you, Rafe."

Rafe stared at her, or rather through her. After a few heavy breaths, his shoulders slackened, "You're not," His tone was more gentle. "You're not causing problems. Sofia, she's- it's not serious."

Bianca gathered they were only sleeping together. A friends-with-benefits type deal, "She didn't seem to think so."

"It's..." Rafe fumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's complicated."

"Right," She hummed.

Rafe's jaw ticked, crossing his arms over his chest. His muscles flexed beneath his t-shirt, "Why are you really here, B?"

"Don't play dumb," Bianca's eyes narrowed. "You know why."

Rafe scoffed, a smirk inching on the corner of his lips, "Right- yeah, a little birdie told me a couple of hours ago, actually, that uh- the Cross of Santo Domingo was stolen. Right off the train at Wilmington," He shook his head in amusement. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"