034 not a hot mess, room temp

034not a hot mess, room temp

034
not a hot mess, room temp

034not a hot mess, room temp

"Alright, Sarah. It's time to come clean."

The three girls headed back to Kiara's house, pretty much the only place they hadn't been kicked out of yet. The boat ride there was awkward, to say the least, but the silence was needed for all of them to cool off.

Kiara dropped the bags of food inside for her parents, who were already setting up at the Wreck. Meanwhile, she grabbed a couple of couch pillows and settled on the front porch with Bianca and Sarah, leaning against the wall with their legs outstretched in front of them.

"What happened?" Kiara insisted. "You and Topper."

"Oh, God," Sarah groaned, picking at the beds of her nails.

Bianca, out of habit, pulled Sarah's hand away so she couldn't do any more damage but immediately regretted the action. The blonde sent her a grateful smile which she did not return.

Sarah leaned her head back against the wall, "It's actually so embarrassing..." She trailed off. "He caught me... slugging beer at the Tiki bar."

Kiara scoffed, "You weren't."

"Yeah," Sarah nodded with pursed lips. "Shot drinking."

Kiara's eyes flickered away, "I'm not judging."

"I wouldn't blame you if you were," Sarah hummed. "And then a couple of kids from KCD rolled up, and then they were already going to Mase."

"And then..." Kiara gestured for her to keep going.

Sarah inhaled deeply and in a swift exhale, finally confessed, "I kissed him."

The silence that followed encompassed the girls in a thick blanket. Bianca's shoulders fell as she recalled once upon a time after the boys stranded them in Heyward's boat, Kiara made Sarah promise she wouldn't bail on John B.

"Do you guys hate me?" Sarah piped up, her eyes squeezed shut.

"Yes," Bianca's answer was immediate even though she knew it was a lie.