050 to going full-kook!

050to going full-kook!

050
to going full-kook!

050to going full-kook!

"So..."

Bianca tucked her hair behind her ears and squinted past the sunlight to get a better look at Pope. The others, Cleo and Kiara were trekking ahead of them while JJ used the machete to chop down grass as it grew taller. The group had woken up at the 'ass crack of dawn' as JJ called it to prepare for their journey.

"You haven't stopped smiling since we got up this hill," Bianca pointed out, following the path her boyfriend cut out for them. "What is it?"

"What?" Pope snapped out of his daze and shrugged. "Nothin'."

"Riiight," Bianca turned back to face the front. "Nothing."

Sweat beaded the boy's forehead but the heat didn't deter the electricity building within his chest, "Okay, fine I'll tell you," He let out a rushed exhale.

Bianca laughed, which happened to catch boyfriend's attention. JJ glanced over his shoulder briefly at his best friend deepin conversation with the girl. His anger from two nights ago had disappeared, and now all that was left was disappointment.

Bianca met JJ's eyes just before he looked away. They needed to talk, she knew that. Apologise, more like. She just needed to find the right way to do it or some way to make it up to him.

"You have to swear not to tell the others yet," Pope continued, forcing the girl to return her attention. "I don't want them making a big deal out of it but... I kissed Cleo."

"You- what?!" Bianca choked on her breath, stopping dead in her tracks.

"Shhh!" Pope immediately tried to slap a hand over her mouth when the others turned around to see what the commotion was about but she shoved him away.

"I'm sorry- I'm sorry- but oh my god, Po!" Bianca gushed, unable to stifle her smile.

"Yeah, I was surprised too-" Pope began rambling sheepishly. "She was all like, 'I don't know what's gonna happen once we get up there and I don't know if I'm gonna get another chance,' which... honestly kinda freaked me out a bit," He shook his head and spoke in a low whisper. "But I didn't realize she felt that way about me too."