Chapter Ten

It was a simple mission: break in, threaten some people so that they'd pay the money they owed, break out. It was supposed to be simple anyways until some subordinate Chuuya had insisted come along with them as a learning experience had flashed his gun. That was how they got where they were now.

Y/n leaned quickly around the door frame, checking to see how many men were left alive. It was thirty to five at the fights start, not the best odds but also not the worst she'd ever dealt with. Five minutes into the shoot out and it had already been lowered to twenty to three.

The young subordinate lay dead on the floor in front of her and she shoved him roughly with the toe of her boot.

"And you insisted he come because..."

"How the fuck was I supposed to know he'd get all cocky." Chuuya groaned from the other side of the door frame, quickly reloading his gun.

"He's a man." Y/n responded shortly, "They always get cocky."

"Fuck you."

Fluidly, Chuuya maneuvered himself so he was aiming at their targets once again. He managed to take two more of them out before throwing himself back into the safety of the doorframe and shooting Y/n an irritated glance.

"Aren't you going to help?"

"And clean up the mess you caused? Nah."

"Bitch."

"Don't call me that you dick. Why don't you just use your ability, this would be over in a second."

"Wheres the fun in that?"

Y/n sighed.

"This is so boring!"

Suddenly, she stood up, turning out towards the hallway and jumping over the table they'd placed across the doorway's bottom half for protection. Pulling the knife Chuuya had gifted her from her pocket, she ran towards the group of men at the other end of the hall. Chuuya watched as a bullet passed right through her shoulder and she didn't even flinch.

"Fucking hell." he groaned, getting to his feet and beginning to cover her.

Chuuya was able to take out three more of the men by the time Y/n reached them. In a single swift movement, she had three more of them on the floor, their throats slit. They struggled, choking on their own blood before falling still. Y/n paid them no mind, grabbing the muzzle of a gun pointed at her and moving it just enough out of the way that when the man shot it, he took out his coworker instead.

The man fell to his knees in shock and Y/n flicked his forehead, sending a black mold all across his body before he fell to the floor, dead.

Taking advantage of the other men's fearful pause, she filled one of her hands with wolf lichen, a well known poison, and coated the knife in it. The odds were now thirteen to one as Y/n held up a hand, telling Chuuya to stop shooting.

The men encircled her and she smiled, watching the light glint off their polished guns and listening to the way their suits rustled with movement as they did so.

"Buncha rich bastards." she mumbled.

Just as their fingers moved to pull the triggers of their deadly instruments, Y/n dropped to the floor. Bullets shot through the air above her, taking out five more men. Spinning herself around, knife held out, she made sure each man got a dose of the deadly poison. They fell to the floor, clutching their ankles in pain as she stood.

"You know, indigenous Americans used to coat their arrow heads with this." she hummed, examining the lichen, now mixed with blood, smeared across her blade, "But I don't know if I trust it."