Chapter Thirty-Seven

Basil and Aubrey were walking down the street towards them, Basil holding his new photo album, flicking through the beige paper greedily, like he was desperate for the past, the memories that sits in the old photo album currently in one of Sunny's cupboards. Aubrey waved at them, speeding up slightly until she faced them, Basil looking up just long enough to flash the group a smile before looking back down.

"Hey, Hero! How're you doing?" Aubrey asked, trying to discreetly tell Basil to put the photo album down.

"Good, we were thinking about going to visit Mari's grave together," Hero said, trying to seem casual, but Sunny saw how his jaw clenched when he mentioned it, how he paused before the words 'Mari's grave' like he was still in disbelief.

"..Sure," Aubrey said, also after a pause, "We're not really doing anything, right, Basil?"

Basil shook his head, trying to squeeze the new Photo album into his camera bag.

"How about we get flowers, too?" Kel offered, "I've seen people do that."

Aubrey looked at him in disbelief, her eyes widened slightly, "Kel, that's so fucking insensitive! 'I'vE SeEn PEoPlE dO thAt' that's 'cause they're mourning the dead."

Kel looked uncomfortable under Aubrey's criticisms, staring down at his feet. Sunny looked up at him, knowing he didn't mean to be insentive, it just came out the wrong way.

"It's a good idea, we can get flowers from Fix-It," Sunny muttered, raising his voice slightly louder than usual.

Aubrey just looked over at him and shrugged, glancing over at the others to see if they had any other ideas on where to get flowers from.

"Let's go, before there's no flowers left, then," Hero interjected quickly, trying to change the topic.

*•○•*

Leaving Fix-It, the group all huddled round the flower they has chosen, admiring it.
An egret.

"In the language of flowers, it symbolises the phrase...
'My thoughts will follow you into your dreams'."

Sunny can't remember when he first heard that. He assumed Basil might have told him once. How he knows that is true now.

"I think it's perfect," Basil commented, glancing at Sunny, making Sunny wonder if his eyes were asking him 'you know it, don't you? The meaning.'

"Why this flower?" Kel asked, oblivious to the flower type, or to it's meaning.

"It's an egret," Basil explained, "and I just thought it reminded me of Mari."

"The petals make it look like an angels wings..." Hero murmured, mostly to himself.

Those words reminded Sunny.