Alien

"You seem awfully happy today. Not that you're not smiling 24/7 anyway, but today it's just wow. What happened?"

Jimin's smile just got bigger, was he being that obvious? "Jungkook and I got a hybrid."

Taehyung choked on his coffee, thinking that his best friend was joking, but the disgusting grin on Jimin's face told him he has dead serious. "What? Why? I mean, I thought your relationship with Jungkook was great." He asked, wiping his mouth with a napkin which the other had given him. Even at this age, Taehyung was able to make a mess within seconds, especially when he was eating.

Jimin raised an eyebrow, because of his friend's words. "Yeah, we're doing just fine."

"Then why in the world did you get a hybrid??"

"Your question is dumb, Tae. You know how much I adore animals and that I've always wanted a pet. Well, Hyung is a hybrid, so he's not really a pet, but still..." Jimin mumbled, still not entirely sure how to address Yoongi.

"Hyung? He's older than us?"

"Yeah, by two years! He's a cat hybrid and he has been staying with us for a week now! He's really tiny and cute and he sleeps most of the time, just like a cat!" Jimin was now almost jumping up and down, he was a way too excited just talking about his hybrid. "Our guest room is always empty, so we let Yoongi-hyung use it."

Taehyung massaged his temples, this was starting to give him a headache. "A week... and I'm hearing about this now..." Taehyung was actually offended, but Jimin's sheepish smile and sincere 'Sorry.' kind of made him forget about the fact that he had been kept in the dark for entire seven days. He has been quite busy and so was Jimin, so they couldn't meet until now but they still texted each other every single day and his friend never ever mentioned a thing about a hybrid, but alright - hearing it directly from Jimin was better than reading it off from the phone screen. "A hybrid..." Taehyung repeated under his breath and Jimin bobbed his head up and down, confirming once again. "Don't you- Huh, you really seem not to know. Didn't they explain you everything? The people from the place where you bought him?"

"Oh, we didn't buy him. I found him." Jimin cut in and Taehyung gave him a weird look right away. "Don't look at me like that. I might not know much about hybrids, but I know that if a hybrid stays homeless for over a year, then he could be taken in, without any papers being signed."

"Yeah, that's true. But... you really don't know??"

"Know what, Taehyung? If you have something to say, just do it." Sometimes Jimin hated how his friend talked in circles, without getting to the point.

"From what I've heard... and trust me, those rumors are not groundless... most people buy hybrids to sleep with them."

Taehyung had seen the reaction coming, Jimin was just rapidly blinking at him, his mouth slightly agape and it looked like he wanted to say something, but he couldn't formulate a coherent sentence.

"What? You wanted me to be straightforward." Taehyung added and shrugged his shoulders innocently, after saying such an outrageous thing.

"H-how can you say something like this?!" Looks like Jimin was finally able to find his voice, though it did betray him in the beginning. "Are you crazy?? No, wait. Don't answer that. I'm pretty sure we had a conversation about that years ago and we came to the conclusion that you're not exactly normal."

Taehyung rolled his eyes in response, but he didn't find his friend's words insulting, not at all. "That's just one of my many charms. Who likes normal people anyway? They are boring."

Sure, Kim Taehyung was extraordinary, Jimin couldn't disagree about that. He's known it right from the start.

The two of them met during the second semester of their first year in university. Jimin was just dragged to a random party by one of his friends and luckily there he met his soon to be best friend. It hasn't even been that long, but Jimin felt like he had known the other his whole life. The two of them just clicked right away, even though they were really different.