Surprises

Yoongi was once again staring at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep, though for an entirely different reason than the one from the previous night.

He was still awake, because Jungkook did not come home tonight.

At 8pm the boy still hadn't returned, so Jimin called him, nobody picked up.

Then the vet called someone by the name of 'Hoseok-hyung', who apparently always made sure to watch Jungkook's trials, but even he didn't know where the boy was.

Yoongi could see how worried Jimin looked, he was even ready to go outside and look for his boyfriend, but ten minutes later the human received a text from Jungkook himself.

'Sorry, Hyung... I'll be home soon. Don't stay up to wait for me, okay?'

And that... was almost two hours ago. Now it was a bit past 10pm and after dinner, Jimin told the hybrid to go to bed and that he would do the same, but Yoongi wasn't an idiot. The door of the bedroom stayed closed, there was no sound coming from the room next to his and the black-haired male knew that Jimin was still up, waiting for Jungkook to come home.

What is that brat doing??? Jimin is sick worried for him and he still isn't back, ugh!!

So, yeah... Yoongi couldn't fall asleep. Not when he could feel the anxiety radiating off Jimin, not when Jeon frickin Jungkook was still out there, in the middle of the night, doing god knows what.

Nothing bad has happened to Jungkook, right? He's old enough to take care of himself... and he even sent Jimin a text... he's probably fine. He's just making us worry for nothing!

Us?

At first Yoongi thought that he was feeling uneasy simply because Jimin was restless, but as Yoongi kept boring holes into the white ceiling, he realized that he was deeply concerned about the younger's whereabouts. The lawyer had never disappeared like that and Yoongi couldn't shake off the thought that something must have indeed happened if Jungkook acted like that.

But what?

Wait... today was the trial of his case, right? What if something went wrong? Something that made him upset? I don't even know what exactly he was working on, but it seemed really important to him...

As Yoongi was still lost in his thoughts, he missed to hear the opening of the front door and the gasp, which left Jimin's lips when Jungkook finally arrived home. But some time later, the hybrid picked up the two voices and he shot up immediately.

Jungkook's back???

Yoongi got up from his bed and put on his slippers, he liked keeping his feet warm and the weather called for a pair of rather thick socks as well. The hybrid crept open the door of his room, but he didn't walk out, because from his spot he could see the two humans who were sitting on the couch.

It looked like they were hugging and Yoongi almost rolled his eyes and returned back to bed, but then he noticed that Jungkook's shoulders were shaking and that Jimin was actually rubbing the younger's back, trying to comfort him.

They were whispering, their voices were barely audible, but Yoongi tried his best to focus on the voices of the two boys by blocking all other noise around him and his mouth hung open when he realized that Jungkook was actually... crying.

If someone had told Yoongi that he would witness such a scene, he would've just called the said person crazy. He had never imagined that he would come across a sobbing Jungkook, who looked like a little child, so defenseless and so, so hurt.

"You did your best, Kook. Stop crying. It's not your fault."

Yoongi could now hear the conversation between the two, because he decided to peek from the door, still being careful not to get noticed and as he observed Jimin's face, he noted that the vet himself was close to tears.