daesan

Yoongi didn't know what to expect. He and Jungmin didn't part on good terms, but he wasn't afraid, he had Jimin and Jungkook with him now.

Everything was going to be okay.

They were going to have a talk, a civil one, as much as it was possible. The hybrid wasn't worried or anxious, because now... he had humans who would always watch his back, humans who would always protect him, so he felt at ease.

Everything was going to be okay.

It's been over a year, but Yoongi hoped that Jungmin would have changed, the hybrid hoped that his previous owner would understand and come to terms with the fact that Yoongi had found happiness with Jimin and Jungkook.

Everything was going to be okay.

Everything-

Who was Yoongi fooling? He should've known better.

Most things in life just don't work out the way you wish, never ever.

The hybrid felt that something was off, he felt it the second they entered Daegu with the car.

He rarely went outside, but he still knew the neighborhood where he lived, he remembered bits of it, so when the car went for a completely different direction, he should've known... he should've figured out that something was not right.

He thought he was over-thinking and quickly dismissed the odd thoughts that were circling in his head, perhaps Jungmin had moved to another place? Yeah, that was probably it.

So he just used the chance to stare at the buildings and simply everything in his hometown, a place which he barely knew a thing about, since he spent most of his life indoors.

As the drive continued, Yoongi couldn't shake off the feeling that something was not right and when the car was finally parked, he realized that his hunch hadn't been wrong.

He's been here before, at this place. Only once and he thought he would never come again.

The first and last time Yoongi was here... he paid his last respects to the woman who had raised him.

The columbarium.

He knew what that meant, if Jungkook and Jimin had brought him here to meet his previous owner, that could mean only one thing...

Kwang Jungmin was dead.

The mere thought made Yoongi's legs go weak, but Jungkook grabbed his arm to steady him and Jimin took his other hand in his.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, in front of the car, without saying anything.

Yoongi didn't know if he would be able to take a single step towards, towards, towards...

"Hyung."

The hybrid looked to his left and was met with a slightly worried and apologetic look, which was gracing the face of the youngest.

"I should've told you as soon as I found out. Maybe bringing you here was a mistake."

The black-haired male turned his head to the right and saw that Jimin was giving him the same look.

He was making his humans worry, he didn't want that. Knowing a few hours earlier was going to change nothing, it was probably going to occupy his thoughts too much, so much that he probably would've felt like he was losing his mind. It was better like this, finding out like this was better.

He had no time to mentally prepare himself for this, but... nothing could prepare you for losing someone, death was something which only took away and gave nothing, but pain and grief.