Five

"Knock knock" I'm on the bean bag going over my French homework when Trudy knocked on the door then came in "hi Emily, how's it going? Whatcha doing?"

"French homework" showing her my homework, this is one of the many languages I'll be adding to what I know. I know other than English—Spanish, Italian and Greek.

She nods her head "You know" coming further into the room "Patricia was just worried about Joy, that's all"

"Her attitude and behavior towards me was inexcusable" nor looking at her as I learn the next set of words "she wanted a person to blame, think about this whole conspiracy theory and instead of any of them keeping her from bullying me they let it be. Every one of those my age are horrible people and I don't associate myself with horrible people, it's why I have requested to be put into another house"

"Oh" she looks at me sadly "I'm sorry to hear that, I'm guessing there is nothing I can do to change your mind"

"Nope"

She motions downstairs "I have supper ready"

"Ate with my new friend" I tell her "all full"

|Fabian's POV|

When Trudy walks into the room, she shakes her head "I expected better from all of you" when supper was ready, she frowned when Emily didn't show up so we told her that she wants nothing to do with us.

"But it was weird" Patricia complains "how she just started the term now"

"Patricia" Mara gives her a look "let it be"

"I shall be clear right now" Trudy looks at all of us "Emily was always meant to start but her money was tied up, what happened to Joy is completely unrelated. Sure it was sudden but with that girl it always was, I'll be phoning all of your parents about this behavior. I am truly disappointed in all of you, Emily is a wonderful girl who I told would be completely welcomed here—now your making me a liar. You are all also grounded and double the chores"

She leaves and we all glare at Patricia who is silent "What?"

"Because of you" Mick says "we're all in trouble, I did nothing and now I'm grounded, my dad will be called and I have to do extra chores"

"I wish your parents had taken you" Jerome says "instead of Joy, maybe then we wouldn't be in this mess"

"Emily seems like a cool girl" Amber shakes her head "now we won't know because of you"

"I think I speak for everyone" Patricia looks at me "when I say you've been nothing but a huge bitch"

|Emily's POV|

Upbeat music plays around as I'm with Kelly dancing around as two people have their cars go in circles on the side. Xander and Clarissa are making out in the corner. It's late Friday and no one should be missing me right now. Well not true, no one at this new school is missing me.

My phone goes off and I see it's Jessie "Sister!" Screaming into the phone as I jump up and down from the music "Jessie! Hello!"

"Where are you?" She asks

"I'm having F-U-N!" Whipping my hair around once moving my hand over my body "why are you calling?"

"Came to check in on you" she says "dad got a call saying you were being bullied and broke another girl's fingers?"

"That's right" I confirm "except I didn't break any fingers, I did that finger lock thing dad taught us"

"So you were being bullied?" I hear dad demand

"DADDY!" I scream into the phone "I miss you a lot!"

"Soldier" dad demands "why are you in London and not at school?!"

"School project" I explain to him "helping my new friends who are awesome!"

"Why does it sound like your at a party?" He demands

"TV"

"Go to bed" he orders

"Kay, love you both"

"Love you too soldier" dad says as Jessie ordered "call me later, I want details about London"

Hanging up the phone, I go back to dancing. I stop when someone touches my shoulder, looking over it's this near bald man with warm ivory skin, dark eyes and facial hair. "No offense" I tell him, he's dressed really well "but your not my type"

"Got her Patrick" the man was on the phone, that's my dad. I ask him to stay silent "it's the tv, her friends are all passed out" hanging up after a moment "come with me"

"Who are you?" I ask

"Deckard" he introduced himself "old friends of your dad's, come on" he motions to leaving "he called me since he knew you lied"

"I'm having fun" bitterly saying as I follow him to his car.

"You mean like how you had fun in Rio?" I stare at him going to the passenger side "I know about that"

"Rio was fun!" Exclaiming as I get into the car, he gets in next before driving off "I got to blow shit up"

"I'm sure you did" looking at me "you worried your father a lot with that" I make some sort of noise yawning "until you return to your school,
I'm keeping an eye on you"

"Babysitting!" Complaining when the words register in my brain fully "I'm not a baby" crossing my arms over my chest pouting.

He merely chuckles "Sure you aren't"