Thirteen

After three days in the jungle, we gathered some food and water before venturing off into the desert. Looking down at my arms "Oh, I swear if I end up back to school with a really awesome tanned body I have some serious explaining to do"

Horus let's out a chuckle before asking "Tell me about this school"

"The Amun Academic Boarding Institution" my buttoned up top is wrapped around my body "the school was founded by Egyptian Historians who loved Ancient Egypt. There are five different houses after the different gods: Horus House, Hathor House, Seth House, Isis House, and Anubis House. I'm in Anubis House with like ten other people, four boys and including me six girls. I'm really good friends with all but Nina, she's the reason I have the Anubis's Mark and why my friends are all in danger because she stupidly went and pissed off this evil spirit"

"Tell me about this spirit"

"Her name is Senkhara" shaking my head "she wants me to find the Mask of Anubis, but the thing is no one but her has seen the mask and if it turns out the mask we find isn't the real mask all our lives are forfeit and I don't know why she wants it"

"Emily" Horus has us stop, wiping away my tears "Anubis's mask? I've seen it once and my father told me that the mask grants people passage to the afterlife, those with a pure of heart go to where the gods live but those with an evil one straight to hell. The last paragon who put on the mask became a goddess, but your already a goddess so if you put on the mask who knows what could happen—I'm not trying to scare you but warn you"

"I appreciate the warning, thanks" we start to walk off again "where are we going now?"

"To Thoth" he says "in order to defeat Seth we must get past the Sphinx who has riddles, Thoth can solve the riddle"

"What if he doesn't want to?" I ask "no offense but...what can you offer the God of Wisdom? That's him right? God of Wisdom?"

"Yes" nodding his head "God of Wisdom and I'll make him if he doesn't help"

"Your going to try" repeating what he said "to take on the God of Wisdom? How about if I talk to him?"

"Why you?" He asks

"From what I know about him in my history assignment" trying to recall all I know plus what Fabian told me "Thoth has a very huge ego, I happen to know how to wound men's egos" he raises an eyebrow "if I can would his ego, it's possible he could help"

He thinks about it before shaking his head "I'm not going to risk it, if you hurt this ego he won't take too kindly to it"

"Alright" nodding my head "we'll go with your plan first" which I feel will inevitably fail "but if it doesn't work, we'll go with my plan"

"And if your plan fails?" He asks

"Plan C" shrugging my shoulders "he's a man"

"I don't understand" shaking his head while I smirk "why are you smirking like that?"

"You'll find out if it comes to Plan C" looking around the desert "so...do you know who my birth mother is?"

"I have a suspicion" looking at me for a moment "though I won't confirm it till after Seth is dead, if I even try to confirm it now your life and potentially hers will be in danger—especially yours since your of my blood. My seed" looking at my attire "do women where you grew up dress like that?"

Nodding my head "Well it depends, but people do wear clothes like this—I'm actually glad I didn't wear any heels since it would have been harder to walk with"

"Heels?" He asks

"Their a type of shoe that makes one taller" nodding my head "I have a few pairs but I only wear heels if I'm going on a date or doing something fancy"

"Date?" He asks

"Like a man and a woman or woman and woman or man and man" I explain "go and do something together romantically, a date. A form or courtship"

"Are you" he asks "does someone have your heart?"

Shaking my head no "Too immature plus I like older men"

"Maturity" nodding his head

"Does my birth mother have your heart?" I ask "or does someone else?"

"She did" he confirms "until she startled sleeping with the man who killed my father and took my eyes"

Wow "Sorry"

"You have nothing to apologize for" he assured me "if I see her it'll be too soon"

"What did you need from Ra?" I ask

He shows me a vial with golden sparkly liquid "Waters from Creation, a few drops of this will quench Seth's fire" looking at it, I open it to sniff it before covering it when I smelt this wonderful aroma from it.

"Smells like a mix of cinnamon and citrus" this is so amazing.

"It's supposed to smell like whatever your favorite scent is" he says as he takes it back putting it away.

"What happens if someone drinks that stuff?" I ask

"For a mortal? They'd be eternally satisfied" he said "but for a deity? The power can take away or restore one's powers"

"Can it bring someone back from the dead?" I ask

Shaking his head "Maybe if the person had just died or is on the brink of death, like the tears of gold a paragon could weep when she wears the mask but there is no power to truly bring someone back from death or not that I know of"

"What will you do after you end Seth?" According to history he became the next King of Egypt but with me here, history could very well have changed.

"I don't know" shaking his head "the only thing I'm focused on is killing Seth, after becoming king I'll help rid you and your friends of the mark and end this Senkhara"

"Can you do that?" I ask

"As king of Egypt" looking at me "I can order Anubis to remove the mark—I know you have another father Emily, but I'd very much like to be apart of your life"