Thirty Four

"So this is how you spend your days in the big apple?" Jessie looks around nodding her head, Zuri is on the playground while I'm doing my homework. Jessie has just moved to New York and I told her it was a big mistake unless your going here for college since LA is where they find talent for movie stars or tv stars. But Jessie being Jessie won't listen.

"I also go to parties on the weekends or go to clubs when I can" finishing the last of my Math homework "now, how's the auditioning going?" She's silent sipping her coffee, making a clicking noise "thought so"

"New York" she opens her arms out "is where dreams come true"

"Emily!" Looking over, Zuri comes over smiling holding out this blue colored flyer "They're having a Little Miss Apple beauty pageant" taking the flyer checking it out "Could I be in it?

"Oh no" Jessie looks at me and Zuri "listen Zuri, beauty pageants are sexist and demeaning to women"

"She lost four" I whisper to her having Zuri giggle while Jessie gives me a look.

"Was it because of her acting?" She asks

I let out a laugh while Jessie gasps placing a hand over her heart "No!" Jessie shakes her head no "You are very rude"

"Ignore her" waving my hand to Jessie looking at Zuri "Sure, Jessie may not like beauty pageants since she hates losing but I find them a great experience" motioning to the playground "now, why don't you go and play and don't put any buckets on your head"

She nods her head "Thanks Emily!"

"I can't believe" Jessie shakes her head at me as I texted Amber telling her how Zuri is going to need a dress, Amber immediately texts me back all excited "your letting her be in this"

"You'd be wise" we look over seeing Agatha come over, Jessie jumps in horror placing a hand over her head "not to let little Zuri sign up into the beauty pageant"

"Agatha" we haven't seen one another since I beat up her sister.

"Wait!" Jessie exclaims pointing to Agatha "this is Agatha! You undersold how hideous she looks!"

"And who" Agatha sneers at Jessie "is this?"

"Jessie meet Agatha another nanny" introducing the two of them "Agatha this is my older sister Jessie"

Agatha looks between the two of us "It seems you got the lucky end, your sister here wears way too much makeup" covering my mouth amused as Jessie gasps in horror. She's been doing that a lot.

"At least I bother to wear makeup" she motions to Agatha "where do you do your makeup? The ugly salon?" Huh? "You know? Like a beauty salon but people are made to look ugly"

Shaking my head at Jessie and her lame comeback  "Zuri's signing up because even if she doesn't win, it's a fun thing she got to do. Winning isn't everything"

She nods her head "How many did you lose?"

"Actually my sister" Jessie tells her "won ten different beauty pageants" Agatha looks my way as I smirk drinking my coffee "And Zuri is going to win because I'll be coaching her!"

I spit my drink out coughing "Well it seems my Lindsey" Agatha smiles "will finally have come decent competition. Lindsey!" We see this cute little girl with long black hair, warm ivory skin and brown eyes come over in a blue cocktail dress with a white cardigan.

"Talk about beauty and the beast!" Jesse exclaims in shock.

"What do you mean?" Agatha asks smiling down at Lindsey "Lindsey's lovely"