PROLOGUE

The princess wants to go outside the castle and explore the unknown, but her father and brothers are not allowing her to go as she is being kept safe from the outside world.

After figuring out a means to get outside, the Princess approaches her mother and volunteers to take the lead in the Trading Guild's group that is about to take off, delivering the trade to the other nations along the road so she can go outside.

She would not only lead the trading group; she would also travel and explore the surroundings, as the queen realized as she sighed and gave her permission to go outside. The mother agreed, trying to hide it from her father, who was busy at their conference planning their planned attack on the monsters near the kingdom's border, which caused the villages near the border to suffer from the monster attacks.

The trades that the princess introduced to the two nations were a success. On their last journey, she introduced it to the Trade Corp, which is the Third Nation. A guy introduced himself; he said he was the leader of the Trade Corp. He rejected the trading offer from the princess, as it was not a good deal from them (even though they liked the trade that the princess offered to them), and then the princess moved on and left. When the princess was on her way back, a group of bandits surrounded the carriage.

The princess takes a peek in the window, shocked and covering her mouth. She saw the guy who was introduced as the leader of the Trade Corp. leading the ambush.

The guy who acts as a leader in the bandit group shouted at the merchants and said, "Give up the goods and money, then we will let you pass".

The princess' personal guard, who is a merchant and is also in charge of the protection of the carriages, said, "We will not give you the goods and money," and then he ordered his merchant group to form a defensive circle around the carriages.

The bandits don't have a choice but to do it forcefully. The guards that were guarding the carriages fought them and were later wiped out.

She was crying helplessly, trying to lower her voice. In just a few moments, she heard some swords flinching, a person screaming, and a man seeking help!

The princess slowly took a peek in the windows and saw a young man fighting the leader of the bandits. She saw with her two eyes how he killed the bandit leader, stabbing his chest two times and beheading him.

She could not control her emotions anymore and cried loudly. The princess heard footsteps heading in her direction, so she cried even more. After a while, the footsteps stopped.

The princess stopped crying and got slowly out of the carriage. When she got out, she was shocked, and all her body was shaking when she saw a young man full of blood, but the princess knew that his age was not that far from hers. The princess begs the young man not to kill her, as she is not doing anything wrong.

The young man didn't move, still looking at her fiercely. The princess didn't have the courage to look at the man, so she looked down and unconsciously asked what his name was.

The young man gave her a small scratch of clothing from his cloak as he noticed that the girl was crying heavily. He gave her a scratch cloth to wash off her tears. She grabbed the cloth and thanked him, even though she was trembling in fear.

The young man spoke and asked for his name. The princess looked up at him, and her eyes went wide open. Seeing how handsome the young man is, even though his face is covered by a black mask, and he has a long black jingasa hat on the top of his head,

She murmured because she was the first one to ask.

The young man chuckled handsomely, and he answered, "I am Shadow."

She looked again at the young man, head-to-toe. She frowned and said he was not.

The young man laughed loudly and flicked the princess's forehead.

She scratched her forehead as it hurt and reacted to melancholy. The princess introduced herself to him in a calm and trembling voice.

The young man lost his words to what she said. So the rumors about the fourth daughter outside the Jourglan Kingdom were actually true. He was not surprised at all that she was the Jourglan Kingdom's daughter because the dead merchants who guarded the carriage had the kingdom's symbol. A symbol that represents nobility and a high-ranking member of the kingdom.

The Jourglan Kingdom, built upon the vitality, leadership, and famine of its past, is now among the most independent countries in the current world. For hundreds of years. The Jourglan Kingdom was a peaceful nation, loved by its compatriots, respected by the other races, and one of the friendliest nations.

The princess talked and interrupted his thoughts. She asked if he was there to kill her after she saw the red liquid slowly flooding in the road, swords in their stomachs, and a person dead with wide-open eyes. The princess cried out loud and covered her eyes with her hands with fear and disgust as she kneeled down.

The young man heard something approaching from far away, so he kneeled down, matching the princess's height, and gave her a hug.

She cried even more, and at the same time, she hugged back tightly, even though the young man had blood stained on his clothes. She didn't care. After a while, the princess said in a low voice, "Will you accompany me-?" The princess stopped talking and slowly closed her eyes.

The young man hit the side of the princess's neck using his hand and said in a sincere and sad tone "I'm sorry, I hope you will forgive me, and I hope to see you again, my princess". He laid her down slowly, and he disappeared.

The princess' last glimpse was a horde of horses with flag symbols. She was taken in the carriages, and the dead people were carried as well, and the carriages took off.

The young man watched the princess being taken into the carriage and said to himself, "Don't worry, my princess, we will meet again, I promise you that!" He smiled in amusement and vanished into thin air.

And the story begins...

Question: Is the prologue readable?
Write your answer in the comments!