Chapter 2: Incident

All the military generals and commanders were astonished by the way the first prince thought. The king and the other two princes were amazed by his plans.

"Wow! Brother, I didn't even think of that. This plan will surely bring us victory," Prince Jerome said with an amazed expression.

Prince Joseph replied, "Not just that, this will also minimize the losses of our army while ensuring the safety of the villagers," he said with an astonished expression.

"As expected from my eldest son, you really are fit for the crown," King Albert said.

The commanders agreed with the statement of the king. The other generals praised the eldest prince for his intelligence and his care for the people.

Prince Khyl will be the next successor to the crown, and he will use this opportunity to show them that he is worthy of ruling the kingdom. The other two princes, Jerome and Joseph, did not compete for the crown. The two princesses don't have the essentials to wear the crown. They don't want it either, as they are pursuing their own dreams.

"I didn't plan all of this; I just combined all of your ideas in this plan so that we would ensure this would become a successful attack," Prince Khyl said seriously.

"You are too humble, my prince," said Vice-Commander Wynstan.

The Vice Commander is also a highly respected general. He supports and assists the Supreme Commander. Also, he has the authority to replace the Supreme Commander, but only if the Supreme Commander died in a battle or there were personal allegations.

The conference continued. They discussed every possible way the monsters would attack, when they would start, and where they were going to attack. After discussing the plan that the prince arranged, the commanders, generals, queen and king, and the two other princes agreed and made the final plan for the subjugation of the monsters.

In the middle of the agreements, King Albert said, "Now the final plan has been made with the combined plan of all of you and with the help of my son Prince Khyl," and King Albert added, "Now I'm about to discuss the incident that happened outside our kingdom."

Military commanders and generals are now muttering and curious about the king's utterance.

King Albert announced, "A group of bandits ambushed our trading guild's carriages to rob our trading guild. The" king sighed and continued, "And Princess Scarlett was the one leading the trading guild's carriages."

Everyone in the hall was shocked, and even the three princes didn't know about this.

"How did she lead the trading guild's carriages?" Prince Khyl said in a confused tone.

Prince Jerome said, "How's our sister? Is she okay? He said in a very worried tone.

"Who did this father? Did the bandits catch? How did she survive?" Tons of questions from Joseph

The king continued his pronouncement: "The trading guild led by the princess was wiped out."

Everyone in the hall gasped, and the two princes were panicked. The two princes, Jerome and Joseph, ask their father if their sister is alive or if she survived.

"The princess was the only one who survived the ambush. Everyone except the princess got killed, slaughtered, and murdered," said the king.

The two princes, Jerome and Joseph, breathe freely as they feel relief that their sister survived the ambush. The commander and generals feel the same as well. But the thing is that there is so much about this incident and too many questions to be asked.

King Albert said, "I know all of you have so many questions to ask, but for now, the important thing is that the princess is safe and sound, and I know later we will get the answer if she-"

"Where is she?" Prince Khyl cut the king's words and asked with a cold expression.

King Albert sighed and replied, "She is in her bedroom. Don't worry, she's been taken care of by the healers and her three personal assistants."

Prince Khyl nodded and went back to his serious self again, and the two princes, Jerome and Joseph, sighed in relief again as to where their sister was resting.

King Albert was about to talk when he was suddenly cut off by the messenger who barged into the great hall. When the messenger entered, everyone fell silent and despised him.

"How dare you intrude and butt in the meeting without your majesty's permission?" said Deputy General Winfred in anger.

Deputy Generals lead a division of army commanders, and Deputy Generals follow the instructions of the Supreme Commander.

Messenger Bentley was frightened and said, "I have a very important thing to report, Your Majesty."

Deputy General Crawford said angrily, "How dare you send your report in a discourteous manner-"

The Messenger is the eye, ears, nose, and mouth of the kingdom. He can be either a spy, an investigator, or a detective. He is the provider of information in the kingdom, whether it comes from inside, outside, or other things connected to the kingdom.

King Albert cut off the Deputy General and said, "Let him speak, and I want to hear your message if it is important."

Messenger Bentley replied, "Thank you, your majesty." The messenger gulped and continued, "Based on my investigations, I found out that the bandits were not really bandits, but they were from the 'Ventura Dynasty'."

Among the most magnificent nations today is the Ventura Dynasty, which was founded on the violence, abundance of natural resources, and ingenuity of its past. Among their current greatest strengths are medicine, science, and sustainability. Sadly, they don't produce much food or have long life expectancies. A capitalist nation was the Ventura Dynasty. Their lives are difficult. This nation does not forbid slavery, the sale of slaves, or the existence of black markets. Although their life expectancy is truly low, some of their problems are alleviated by medication. Their lives have been greatly impacted by religion, which has, if anything, made them more perceptive. In addition to having strange formalities and exquisite customs, the Ventura Dynasty people are also deeply spiritual.

Question: Is the princess story about the incident readable?
Write your answers in the comments!