Chapter 6: Dinner's Story Tale

"Who permitted you to go out, my princess?" the king said while holding her arms.

"I esca-" the princess said and was cut off.

"I was the one who permitted her to lead the merchants," Queen Anne said honestly.

The king looked at the queen with anger in his eyes. He let go of the princess in his embrace and headed towards the queen. The three princes were not surprised at all. They know that if there's something like this to happen, the Queen is the highly suspected person behind it.

Queen Anne is the most caring person. She is highly respected inside and outside the kingdom because of her sincere and caring attitude. She is forty-five years old, has white silver hair, and purple eyes. She is skinny yet has beautiful skin and a gorgeous face. She likes to cook and help the maidservants in the kitchen, even though she is the queen. She likes to look for her children and her family, mostly Princess Scarlett, as she is the only daughter in her family.

"Mother, why did you let Scarlett go outside the castle?" Khyl said seriously.

"Mother, didn't Father tell you to keep Scarlett from going outside? You know yourself how dangerous the world outside is," Prince Joseph said.

Queen Anne replied in a nervous tone, "It was." The Queen was at a loss for words as she was being asked one by one.

King Albert got close to the queen. He cut the queen's reply and said, "After this dinner, you and I will talk about this," said the king angrily in a low voice.

Prince Jerome interrupted their conversation and said, "How about we eat first, and Sister will tell us the whole story before the incident happened?" He said cheerfully and added, "While Sister tells us the whole story, we might find something helpful regarding the incident."

Prince Jerome took a glance at his sister and winked. The princess gets the signal from her elder brother.

Princess Scarlett replied, "Yeah, yes. How about I tell you the whole story while we are eating?"

The princess looked at the table. She pointed at the food using her finger and said, "And look, the food is getting cold; we must eat it while it is warm," said the princess in a cheerful manner.

The Queen and King and the two princes, Khyl and Joseph, looked at the table. The princess was right; the food and soup were getting cold.

"We must eat first," Prince Khyl said while looking at his food.

Prince Joseph commented, "I would also like to hear the whole story, sister. We might find something."

The three princes and the princess are heading into their prepared seats, while the king and queen are...

"We will talk again later in our chamber," King Albert said angrily in a low voice.

The king heads to his chair, and so does the queen. They were in the middle of eating when Jerome spoke.

"So, sister, do you want to share your journey yesterday?" Prince Jerome said while drinking his wine.

The princess drank her wine and prepared to tell them the story.

"When I was in the third nation..." Princess Scarlett was cut off.

"Start it at the very beginning, where, when, and how," said the King with authority.

Princess Scarlett sighed and spoke again. "I wanted to go outside, so..." she gulped and continued, "So, I asked, mother to..."

King Albert was furious at his wife and was about to stand in his chair.

Prince Khyl stood up and held his father's arms. He said, "Father, hold it for a while. We need to know all the stories. We might also find some clues about the man who saved our sister. By doing so, we can know what really happened regarding the incident."

The king took a deep breath. He sat down again and continued his meal.

Prince Khyl sits again and says, "Continue, my sister. Start again in the very beginning," in a calm tone.

The princess sighed and spoke, "I wanted to go outside the castle. So I asked mother to let me lead the trading guild that was about to take off. She agreed, and then I got out of the castle, and I was inside the carriage. I didn't get the full view of the outside, but I saw the kids playing happily."

The King and Queen were listening and eating at the same time. The two princes, Jerome and Joseph, enjoyed the story-telling of their sister, while Prince Khyl listened carefully while sipping wine.

"When I got to the first nation called the Kingdom of Mortalia, I saw a lot of hybrids, different races, and magic. It was full of wonder!" the Princess said in an amazed reaction.

The Queen was silently happy for her daughter, who got to experience such wonders in her life, for at least the three princes and king were only listening to the princess, waiting for the part of her story where she was...

"After trading in the Kingdom of Mortalia, we went to Ituyis City, and I got to meet some people and make friends with them," the Princess said happily, adding, "Our trade in Ituyis City was smooth and fast, so we got to the third nation."

Princess Scarlett took a deep breath, and the three princes noticed it. The king and queen also noticed it, so they stopped eating for a while and listened carefully.

The princess spoke again and said, "When we went to the third nation, we met a man who said he was the leader of the trading group, and the trading group was called 'Trade Corp.'"

After Prince Khyl, Prince Joseph, and King Albert heard the trading group, they clenched their fists. Prince Jerome and Queen Anne saw their fists clenched, so Prince Jerome held the two princes' fists to calm them down. While Queen Anne held the King's fists to calm him down, the King avoided her hands by putting his fists away from her. The Queen sighed and minded her own business.

The princess was about to continue when her eldest brother asked.

"What is the name of the man who is said to be the leader of the 'Trade Corp.'?" Prince Khyl asks coldly.

Princess Scarlett replied and said, "I heard the merchants call him Reeve."

The three princes were in deep thought, trying to remember someone named 'Reeve' in the Ventura Dynasty. The King and Queen were familiar with the name; they knew that it was familiar; they just couldn't remember where they met him or when they met him. All of them kept listening to the princess, who continued...

Question: What is 1+1?
Write your answers in the comments!