Chapter 8: Reactions

Princess Scarlett saw what happened in her two teary eyes. She gasped loudly, and the young man looked at the carriage where he heard the noise. Princess Scarlett saw the young man looking at her carriage. She dropped her head down, trying her best to cover her mouth as she was endlessly crying.

Later on, Princess Scarlett heard a sword pulling back in its sheath and footsteps coming towards her. She cried loudly; she was panicked and did not know what to do in her situation.

The footsteps that she had heard earlier became silent. Princess Scarlett stopped crying; she rubbed her eyes with both hands. She thought that the man had left because it was quite outside, and the surrounding silence was deafening.

She opened the door of her carriage without even taking a look outside. When she opened the door, the young man revealed himself to her. The princess's eyes were wide open as she was shocked. She was out of words, as she was afraid, scared, and terrified.

BACK TO THE PRESENT

The princess sipped her wine intensely as she was telling the story non-stop, which made her throat go dry. While sipping her wine, she took a glance at her brothers and her parents. When she looked at her brothers, she was surprised because they seemed to have seen a ghost. The reaction of his parents was the same, as they also stared as if they were waiting for what would happen next.

Because of the reaction she could see in her brothers, she almost spit out the wine that she was drinking. Her brothers saw it coming.

"Sister, are you okay?" Prince Jerome said worriedly.

"What did the young man do to you?" Prince Joseph asked.

"So...what happened next?" Prince Khyl said curiously.

Princess Scarlett replied to them, "Can you please let me drink first? My throat has been itching a couple of times because of the dryness and non-stop talking!"

The three princes became silent and felt sorry for what they had done. They just can't wait to see what happens next. Curiosity made them greedy to ask.

King Albert spoke and said, "I also wanted to know what happened next, my princess."

The queen also commented and said, "I feel the same as Scarlett; I am eager to know more about the man who saved you that day."

The three princes—Khyl, Jerome, and Joseph—nodded at their mother's statement. The three of them also wanted to know more about this young man, whom the princess said was her savior.

The princess sighed and said, "Alright, fine. I'll continue the story. Just let me drink my wine first." Princess Scarlett looked at her three brothers and added, "You three!" The princess pointed out her brother with her finger and continued, "Fix your reaction manner; you three looked like you saw some ghost or something. It feels weird and creepy," she said in detestation.

The three princes looked at each other and frowned.

Prince Khyl accused his two brothers and said, "You two, fix your goddamn manners. You are making our sister feel dissatisfied."

"I know. Wait, what?" Prince Joseph said in surprise.

"But she said it was the three of us," Prince Jerome said while recalling what his sister said.

The three princes quarreled as to who had the creepiest and weirdest reaction. King Albert shakes his head at their quarrel. Queen Anne and Princess Scarlett held back their laughter at the three princes.

"Are the three of you done fighting?" Scarlett said, while holding back her laughter, in a teasing tone.

Prince Joseph replied and said, "The oldest brother started it," while accusing Prince Khyl.

"Said the one who has the creepiest and weirdest reaction," Prince Khyl said while smirking.

"Who has what?" Prince Joseph said in an irritated tone.

Prince Jerome commented and said, "Hey, hey, stop fighting. The two of you should calm down and eat," trying to calm the two princes down.

"But he said the two of us had the weirdest reaction," Prince Joseph said in an irritated voice.

"Isn't it?" Prince Khyl said while eating.

Prince Joseph replied, "You!" he said with a grumpy face.

Princess Scarlett closed her eyes, as if she were pissed.

"If you don't stop, I will not tell you what happens next," said the princess in an impatient tone.

King Albert spoke and said, "The two of you, be quiet!"

Prince Khyl sighed and minded his food, while Prince Joseph looked away and was babbling.

The Queen shook her head, seeing the two princes in such a childish manner.

King Albert spoke again and said, "Now, my princess, you may continue and tell us what happens next."

Princess Scarlett breathes in and breathes out, and then drinks her last bit of her wine. She then continued the story...

Moments later, the princess finally finished telling them the story about the incident; she then ate her food and took a glance at her brothers and parents. She feels displeasure in their gazes. Her brother's reaction was shock and discomfort. Her parents' reaction was surprised, anxious, and worried at the same time.

Princess Scarlett spoke and said, "Stop staring at me like that; your gaze makes me feel uneasy," while eating.

The three princes returned to their senses but were still surprised by what happened in the incident.

Prince Khyl accused his two brothers again and said, "I told you two to fix your damn faces."

"Yeah! Fix your face. Wait, what?" Prince Joseph said in confusion.

Prince Jerome still couldn't believe what he heard from his sister and said, "Wow, sister! Is this some sort of novel or something?"

Princess Scarlett rolled her eyes and replied, "Well, you can try to visit all the edges of the world and look for a book."

Prince Jerome was out of words. He was surprised, as he thought his sister had told a story from a novel in the book she read in the library. 'A princess was saved by an unknown man from the hands of the bandits'.

The king and queen feel the same as the three princes, but they are deeply thinking about the man who saved their daughter from the incident.