Chapter 4: The Three Princes

She greets every person she encounters and wishes them a good morning. The people she greeted also returned, said good morning, princess, and bowed with respect. When Scarlett was walking in the hallway, she saw her brothers circling and seriously talking to each other. She called her brothers and waved. She did get their attention when they saw her. The two princes ran towards her.

"Sister, are you okay? Does anything hurt you? Do you have any injuries? Don't worry, sister, I will call the healer right away!" Prince Jerome questions one after another with a worried face.

Prince Jerome is the second prince after Prince Khyl. He is a bashful person, and he is nineteen years old; he has black hair and green eyes, and he wears eyeglasses. He is the only son who inherited his father's eyes. Jerome likes to read books with his sister and loves making collections. He is a quiet, sincere, kind, and very smart person. Some even say that he is the reason for the new mechanized buildings and new experiments in the kingdom. Jerome was almost kicked out of the family because he could not learn a single swordsmanship, but when he turned nine years old, he gained mana, and in this event, the family discovered it. They were shocked, afraid, and surprised at the same time. Because of the discovery of the family, King Albert exempted him from learning swordsmanship, but King Albert advised him to try and practice protecting himself.

"Who is the man that led the raid? What city did the bandits come from? One after another question from Joseph.

Prince Joseph is the third prince in the kingdom. He is eighteen years old; he has long white hair, purple eyes, and a surprisingly handsome face. The only son in the family who is stubbornly overloaded gets punished every time because of his nonsense. But even though he acts like this, his swordsmanship and bow mastery are very remarkable. His characteristics are friendly, energetic, clever, and brave. He likes teasing girls, playing with fire, and doing stupid stuff inside and outside the castle. What he does not like is someone who is arrogant in front of him, and he will never back down from that person whom he sees or hears disrespecting his family members, especially his little sister.

"Hey, the two of you, calm down!" Scarlet said, adding, "Look! I'm fine, and I don't need a healer."

The two princes sighed in relief. They got the news last night that the carriages of the trading guild were being attacked by the bandits, and the one who led the trading group was the princess, who was the only one who survived the ambush.

One of the most valuable resources in the Kingdom is the Trading Guild. Its ability to conduct business across the country has been extremely beneficial. The guild is essential to the kingdom's development as it helps to forge alliances with other countries, uses resources that the kingdom lacks, and increases the country's stature and influence.

Prince Khyl walks towards the princess. He hugged her tightly and said, "I thought we would lose you," in a sincere voice.

Prince Khyl is the first prince, and his characteristics make him the right successor to the throne. He is twenty-two years old, has black hair, purple eyes, and the unbelievable handsomeness that any girl would fall for. He is a tall person, merciless, ruthless, and independent. He doesn't want anyone to interfere with what he's doing or help him with something he didn't ask for. But despite his behavior, he has a good heart and soul. With the help of his sister, who trained him to be a fine prince, he learned to respect his elders, comrades, and someone who was responsible, honest, and dependable.

Scarlett hugged back her eldest brother and said, "Don't worry, I am fine."

Prince Khyl smiled at her statement. "Did you know, Sister, Joseph almost cried last night?" he said while still hugging his sister and looking at Joseph, who looked at him irritated.

Joseph replied, "No, I didn't! You were the one who cried, you bastard!"

Scarlett laughs and enjoys watching her two brothers, who always fight like cats and dogs. The two princes have a sibling rivalry. Her eldest brother, Khyl, likes to tease and bully Joseph, and Prince Joseph is also not the person to be down. Prince Joseph also likes to play and fight his eldest brother. This is just the normal thing between the two of them.

The princess stopped laughing and said, "I was so scared when we were attacked. Thankfully, I was saved by a young man."

The two princes stopped fighting and began to frown. Prince Jerome approached her and held her in both arms.

"A young man?" Prince Jerome said in a confused reaction.

"You mean you were saved by someone?" Prince Khyl commented.

"I thought you were saved by the merchants from Ituyis City," Prince Joseph said in confusion.

Princess Scarlett thought for a few seconds and replied, "Oh, yes, I remember something. Before I went unconscious, I saw horses and a carriage heading in my direction."

"I see. So you were saved by a young man and rescued by the merchants," said Prince Khyl, who understood the situation.

"Sister, did you get the name of the man?" Prince Jerome asked.

The two other princes, Khyl and Joseph, took a glance at Jerome and returned directly, looking back at their sister.

Princess Scarlett replied, "I was asking for his name, and he answered..." Princess Scarlett closed her eyes, remembering what the young man said, and continued, "I am Shadow." He said, "I am Shadow."

The three princes frowned and were confused.

Prince Joseph said, "Are you sure that's what he said?"

The princess *nods

"Did you perhaps remember the man who saved you? Or did you at least remember his face or clothes?" said Prince Jerome.

Princess Scarlett replied, "I only remember what he looks like." The Princess thinks for a few seconds and adds, "He has a black mask on his face, covering his mouth and nose; he wears a black cloak; and he has a dark and long Jingasa hat."

The three princes thought about what place had a similar outfit to that, as mentioned by the princess herself. But they couldn't picture a man in that outfit in that country, and Prince Khyl thought of asking their father about this.

Question: Is the story boring?
Write your answers in the comments!