Chapter 12: Perspective's

"You must give yourself some time to talk with your children, not as a ruler or as a king, but as a father. They must be or could be seeking attention from you, Albert." Queen Anne breathed out and continued, "You should balance your time between the people of the kingdom and a time for us, for your sons, and for your only daughter. Once you are tired of ruling the kingdom, you will rely on us more and rest for a while."

King Albert was starting to doubt himself. Did he overdo love for his people, or did he overdo the protection of his family? He doesn't even know what he did, as he was blinded by the development of the kingdom. He was consumed by the adversities of the environment lurking in the depths of development and safety for the nation.

King Albert started to shed tears as he realized his mistakes, one by one. He came back to his senses, where he was once a prince trying to get his father's attention, and the more he sought, the more his father became distant. Far enough that he overdid his existence, he became great and was qualified to be a king. That time, he got his father's attention, but it was not what he expected. His father raised him as a prince; he was raised as a ruler and not as the son of the father that he sought after many years of hard work.

Queen Anne starts to cry as she sees her beloved man crying over his own actions. She understands him more than anyone else. His love for the people was right and also wrong for the love of his daughter and sons. She also knows that he did all of those things for his kingdom and his family's protection, but she also knows that he overdid things, making it more convenient for his children to understand his motives.

Princess Scarlett was crying loudly while covering her mouth with her pillow. She thought that she was not their daughter at all. She was not listened to and understood; she felt that she was a useless daughter being kept in the castle to save their faces in public. Her chest ached at the thought of possible reasons why she had been kept from the outside.

A few moments later, she calmed down and breathed heavily. She finally made the decision to run away from them. For a few minutes, she was thinking about how to get out of her room without anybody noticing her. After a few seconds, she remembered something from the book she had read at the library.

She gathered her long clothes in her bed, choosing only the fine clothes as it was a very dangerous attempt. This method of getting away is very dangerous, but her ego is the one that prevails. She then tied the long clothes one by one, making them like a long, big rope, and tied them up to her bed.

She looked at the bottom of the window. The shivers traveled down her spine as she saw how high she was. But she was prepared for what was going to happen. She dropped the rope she made below the window. She felt relief as the rope she had made reached down.

She was about to grab the rope when she heard the knocks on the door. She looked at the door and smiled sadly. She didn't want to leave her brothers, but her decisions were final, so she grabbed the rope cloth she made and slowly went down.

When she reached the bottom, she ducked and left slowly. She passed by their garden and ran away...

Queen Anne breathed out, carefully patting the king's back, and said, "Don't cry, Albert. I know you are a good man. I know you have so much on your mind, but it is not too late to apologize. Queen Anne sighed and added, "It was also my fault for not letting you know that I allowed our daughter to go outside without your consent; I was at fault that our daughter got in danger. But it is not too late to apologize. You can apologize, talk to her, and make her understand that all of this is for her own good."

King Albert didn't hold his emotions anymore; he cried because he was so disappointed in himself. He forgot the word 'Bond' as he was so busy and got consumed by politics, work, etc.

King Albert hugged his wife tightly, just as Queen Anne also did the same. They were in that position when King Albert broke their hug.

"I think I should have to go," King Albert said while wiping his tears.

Queen Anne replied, "You should go now. Remember to apologize and make her understand your reasons."

"Thanks, Anne, thank you for being all by my side. Even though I was consumed by politics," King Albert said happily.

"You are making me cry again; now go!" Queen Anne said while wiping her tears.

The king hugged the queen and then left the room. He wanted to apologize to his daughter and make her understand his words and what he wanted for her. He was so busy having time to talk to his daughter that he could only talk to her when he needed her or if he had to tell her something. Now he realizes all his mistakes as a father to his children.

He also wants to apologize to his son Jerome, whom he despised before, as he was not gaining any experience mastering swordsmanship; he only exempted him from using swords when he discovered that Jerome has mana, which is power.

The king walked into the castle, heading towards the room of his daughter, Scarlett. He looked out the windows as he passed by. It was a fine midnight sky, darkening every area of the kingdom. His enjoyable time was interrupted when he saw his two sons running in his direction. He wondered why they were like that until they got close to him.

Prince Jerome and Joseph stopped in front of their father. They breathed in and breathed out; the two of them breathed heavily from exhaustion.

"Joseph, why are you running inside the castle?" King Albert looks at Prince Jerome. "You two, Jerome, why are you also running?" he says indignantly.

The two princes were about to talk, but they kept breathing heavily after breathing, and the king was pissed.