Chapter 1: WORRIES

Author's Note: Read the Prologue first before reading chapter one :)
Additional Note: Read the Introduction if you want to know more about the characters :D (Not Recommended Btw XD)

The princess woke up and analyzed her surroundings when she realized that it was her bedroom. She got off the bed and opened the curtains on her window. She then opened the window, and the dark night sky revealed itself to her. Then she remembered something. The young man she met when they got raided by the bandits.

She can't forget the man who saved her, and she states to herself, "How did I get here? Who brought me here? Was it him?...But I remember a horde of horses and a carriage before I went unconscious." She was in a deep thought and had a lot to process over the accident. A few moments later, she decides to wash up fast and dress up to meet up with her family members.

After she dressed up, she went to the door of her room. She was about to reach out the door, but then the door opened and two of her personal maids appeared before her. The two maids covered their mouths with their hands while tears were starting to drop.

The princess sighed and said, "Look, I'm fin-."

The princess ceased talking when her two maids swiftly embraced her in a tight hug.

"No, you are not!" exclaimed Melissa. "You had us so worried after we heard about the bandit attack and their subsequent annihilation!"

"We're glad to see you've returned safely," said Flora, the princess's second personal maid.

Flora and Melissa are the princess's personal maids. The two of them have been serving the princess since she was born.

The three ladies cried to each other, and then suddenly, a man appeared with teary eyes. He watched the three ladies hugging each other, and then he spotted Princess Scarlett in the middle. He then called her.

"Princess Scarlett!" the personal assistant of the princess, Sam, called her name in the room, gaining the three ladies' attention.

The three ladies turned their heads toward the man who shouted in the room.

Flora said while rubbing her eyes, "Sam, the Princess was fine; she is uninjured."

"She was the only one who survived the ambush, Sam. I was glad that she was fine," Melissa said while crying.

Sam approached the princess. He gave a big and tight hug to the princess.

Sam asked with a trembling chin, "Are you hurt? Did you bleed? Do you have a cut on your skin, princess? Did anyone do something bad to you?"

The princess said with bulging eyes, "I was scared; I saw the guards killed; I saw how they were killed."

The three people were saddened by what the princess told them. They can see it from her cries and expressions of how horrifying the tragedy is.

'Sam' is the personal assistant of the princess. He is the one who teaches her and assists her in everything she does.

"Aww, my poor princess. Don't worry, you are safe now. We are here with you," Flora said.

The four of them hugged each other tightly. Later, the princess fell asleep from crying and Sam carried her to her bed. The two maids and Sam hugged each other, grateful that the princess returned safely.

Meanwhile, in the great hall, the King, the Queen, three princes, and the military generals in the kingdom gathered to have a meeting.

King Albert commenced the conference by saying, "I am calling you today to discuss the final plan to attack the monsters that are destroying the livelihood of our citizens. This also includes incidents that happened outside our kingdom."

The military generals gossiped and were surprised because this was the first time that the king announced an incident that happened connected to the kingdom. For a long time, there's been no such thing as an incident that happened outside the kingdom. The only thing that troubles them are the monsters that attack nearby villages.

The military generals, the King and Queen, and the three princes gathered at a big table with a huge map, and there were pins on the map indicating where they should locate an area. It's either a village, a hunting ground, a nation, or a mineshaft.

"This area may be a highland, but it is one of the places where the monsters may escape the planned attack," said the Deputy Commander, Alexandro.

Deputy Commander: a trusted soldier or commander who is assigned to be a higher commander, a general, or a strategist.

Supreme Commander Eadwulf replied, "We are going to use this route to hasten our army's movement, and then we will use the coming days to prepare for an ambush," and he pinpointed the area on the map.

The Supreme Commander holds the biggest role in the entire army. The supreme commander commands the deputy generals and has to hold their entire lives on his back. He holds the lives of the entire division army as he commands the generals.

The conference meeting was tense. Their attack plan was discussed over and over again to ensure victory. The military commanders pointed out the chances that the monsters may retreat, and the military generals pointed out the nearby villages where they get attacked most of the time by the active monsters.

The king spoke, "Share your thoughts; if you have any other ideas about the attack or any other suggestions-,"

The king was cut off, and Prince Khyl replied, "The villagers who get attacked the most do not need to stay in their villages; they need to evacuate inside our kingdom!" Prince Khyl said with a cold expression.

The two other princes nod at the same time and get to the point of the evacuation.

Prince Khyl adds, "During the evacuation, we can use the village as a fortress. Using it is better than making another camp, which will just cause our plan to slow down. In case of a failed attack, we can retreat faster than going back to the kingdom. It will only lead us to wipe out.

Also in this area."

The prince pointed to the area on the map. "This area is a possible retreat route from the monsters. It may look like high land, but as Deputy General Alexandro said, it is the only route that they will use in retreating. I studied that monsters will use all means just to accomplish their objective or desire."

Question: Did you like the first chapter?
Write your answers in the comments!