Chapter 5: King's Table

"I think it's better to tell our father about this and ask about it," Prince Khyl said with authority.

Prince Joseph replied, "I agree with you, eldest brother!"

"I would also like to talk to father," said Princess Scarlett.

"Then let us escort you to Father, Princess," Prince Jerome said.

The princess replied, "No, thanks; I think you three have a business to talk about."

"Yes, we do, but I would also like to know who this 'Guy' is," Prince Khyl said in a serious tone.

The princess sighed. "Alright, lead the way, Your Highness," she said in a teasing tone.

Prince Khyl rolled his eyes and led the way. The two princes followed them, as they were curious about what happened in the incident. They would also like to know who is behind all of this.

In the early afternoon, King Albert assembled a meeting in the great hall. The Queen, all commanders, and generals are presented at the conference. The three other princes were also invited to this meeting; however, they were not coming, so the king started the meeting without them.

King Albert started and said, "I have called you all once again to discuss the march of our armies into the villages."

The commanders and generals listen carefully. They will ensure that this plan won't fail, as they hold the lives of a thousand soldiers who will risk their lives in the upcoming battle.

Moments later, the four siblings arrive at the great hall. In the great hall, there are only two guards at the door. Their job is to guard the door, and they only let people in if they are invited to the conference.

Prince Khyl spoke, "Let us in," in a serious voice.

The two guards looked at each other and then looked back at the three princes.

The first guard replied, "The three princes can go inside the great hall, but the princess remains here."

The two other princes were surprised and angry because of what the guard said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" said Prince Joseph.

"Why can't the princess go inside the great hall?" said Prince Jerome.

The second guard replied, "It's the king's order, my prince."

"Why can't the princess enter the conference?" Prince Khyl said with authority.

The first guard replied, "I don't know Your Highness; we are just following orders from your majesty."

Prince Jerome and Joseph looked at each other and then turned to Princess Scarlett.

Princess Scarlett smiled at her two brothers and said, "It's okay; I can wait until Father is finished with his meeting."

Prince Jerome replied, "I'm sorry, sister; our father has just been too busy lately."

"It's fine; I can wait even until evening comes. I'll use this time to get some rest," Princess said in a calm but sad tone.

The two princes sighed and hugged their sister, then they entered the great hall. Prince Khyl gave his sister a tight hug before entering the great hall.

Princess Scarlett left the great hall and walked around the castle. She keeps doing things in her daily life to get rid of boredom.

She goes to the gardens, helping the gardeners with their jobs. In the library, she sometimes reads books with her brother, Prince Jerome. She walked around, visiting any possible area she could reach inside the castle.

A few hours later, when the princess got tired and sleepy, she went to her room and rested.

Hours passed, and she woke up to a knock on her door. She got up from her bed and heard...

"Princess Scarlett, your Majesty is calling you for dinner." and adds, "Also, the three princes are waiting for you at the king's table," said Flora.

After the princess heard what her personal maid said, she got out of bed, took a warm bath, dressed, fixed herself, and left the room.

At the king's table, King Albert, Queen Anne, and the Three Princes are sitting, waiting for their daughter or sister to arrive. They are assisted by sixteen maidservants at their table.

King Albert started, "How is your sister?"

Prince Jerome replied, "She said she was fine."

"I see," said the king.

King Albert is a wise king; he was loved by the people of his kingdom after he received the crown given to him by his father. He is forty-eight years old. He has long black hair, green eyes, and a natural face. He accepted the throne when he was twenty-eight years old. He likes to keep himself busy with his job as king. He is a very busy person; he only spends time with his family during dinner or in a meeting. His love for his kingdom is vast. He cares for and carries all of his people's problems and sorrows.

"Have you given her a visit, father?", Prince Khyl said coldly.

"I have been busy these days, and I have lots of work to do. I should have visited her before," King said in a sad tone.

"Father, by the way, Sister was looking for you this afternoon," said Prince Joseph in a disapproving tone.

King Albert replied, "Was she? Then I should have-"

The king's reply was cut off because one of the maidservants said, "Your majesty, the princess has arrived."

All the people at the table looked at the doorway. The princes, Jerome and Joseph, were amazed at the beauty that appeared to them at the door. The same reaction was seen from the king and queen. Only Prince Khyl wasn't surprised, as he knows how gorgeous her sister looks in any outfit she wears.

Princess Scarlett was wearing a blue dress and red shoes. Her white silvered hair was well down with her sparkling purple eyes in the lights of the room.

She was greeted by the maidservants and bowed down. She returned, greeted them, and headed to her king's chair.

King Albert stood up when he saw the princess heading towards the king's table. The princess stopped walking as she watched her father coming towards her.

King Albert gave her a tight hug and said, "Oh, my princess, I was so afraid after I got the news that you were the one who led the merchants from the trading guild and was attacked by a group of bandits," he said with a heartbroken expression.

The princess hugged her father tightly and replied, "I'm sorry, father. It was my fault that they were..." The princess started to drop her tears.

"Shhhh. You are fine now. Luckily, the merchants from Ituyis City saw our kingdom's carriages on their way here," King Albert said, while being thankful and mad at the same time.

Question: Is the story too dramatic?
Write down your answers in the comments!