Chapter 19: Depart

King Albert replied, "I permit you to join us because you have the ability to fight. Your skills in swordsmanship and marksmanship surpassed the average." The king then held his shoulders and said, "With those skills of yours, we will have the chance to win in future battles."

When Joseph heard his father's declaration, he was ecstatic and started bragging to his older brothers about what his father had said.

The three of them began to argue like normal siblings.

The king chuckled at seeing the three of them fight like little kids. While the messenger was happy that he succeeded in knowing why the king let the two princes join the subjugation,

Once the king and the two princes were prepared to leave the castle, a few more minutes passed, and the three of them stepped outside to the large water fountain in front of the throne hall, where they were met by the maidservants.

When they got out of the throne hall, they could see the golden carriage and a few horses mounted by an elite knight. There were also a few troops who held the kingdom's flag.

King Albert smiled as he saw the scenery before, when he was just a prince. His father sent him to the labyrinth, tunnels, and many other places where monsters might appear.

Prince Joseph was astounded by what he saw and could not believe that he was about to go to war. He was enthusiastic and seemed to want to see or experience a genuine battle, but he was unsure of what would happen to him when they actually started fighting.

Prince Khyl, on the other hand, is just calm and the same as always. He has a great aura and a cold expression on his face. He was still worried about his sister, who was now missing and being searched for. He doesn't want it to be his burden in a time like this, so he will just rely on his brother Jerome and ask for his favor to find their sister.

The king and the two princes were about to move away when they heard someone on their backs running fiercely.

The king and the two princes looked back, and they saw Jerome running towards them while holding something in his hands.

Jerome stopped in front of them, holding his knees and breathing heavily.

The three people in front of Jerome wondered why he was running all of a sudden towards them.

King Albert asks worriedly, "Why did you run? Is there anything that happened to your mother?"

After hearing what their father said, Prince Khyl and Joseph start to feel worried and wonder why Jerome ran towards them in a hurry.

"Hey, say something! You are making us worried," Prince Joseph said in a nervous tone.

Prince Khyl commented, "What's the matter, brother?"

Jerome breathed heavily, and after a few breaths, he calmed down.

Jerome spoke up and said, "There's nothing to worry about. Mother is fine; she fell asleep from crying."

King Albert and Prince Joseph sigh in relief to hear that the queen is fine.

Khyl spoke and said, "If that's the case, then why are you running towards us?"

Jerome sighs and says, "I just want you to wear a special gift from me before you head out."

The three people wondered what kind of gift Jerome would give them.

"A pendant?" said Joseph, who pondered

King Albert wondered and asked, "What are these pendants, Jerome?"

Jerome smiled and said, "These are not just ordinary pendants. I made this with my magic." He then pointed to the gem in the pendant and added, "This pendant will protect you in case of an emergency."

The three people looked at the pendant, and they were astonished and amazed at what Prince Jerome had just made for them.

"Thank you, brother." A short reply from Khyl

King Albert looked at his pendant and commented, "This might help us in our near-death situation." The king then looked at Jerome and asked, "Are these one of your inventions and experiments?"

Jerome said while scratching his head, "Well, it was my first time, and yes, it was one of my inventions and experiments."

The king smiled and then said, "If we come back here with good news, I will give you permission to build a laboratory."

When Joseph heard it, he was overjoyed because, in addition to giving him the opportunity to construct a laboratory, he also realized that their father had been speaking to them less previously as he became closer to them.

Joseph was surprised that such a big deal would just give away to them.

"So...how will this work?" Joseph asks while checking the pendant.

Jerome scratched his head and answered, "Well, I don't know."

"WHAT!" Joseph shouted out in shock.

Khyl spoke and said, "What do you mean that you don't know?"

"You said earlier that you were the one who did this, and you don't know whether it will work?" King Albert questioned.

Jerome sighed and answered honestly, "Just like I said earlier, it was my first time making one, and coincidentally, you guys are going to partake in the subjugation. So I will use this chance to test whether the pendant will work or not."

Joseph pouts and says, "I thought I could become immortal with this pendant."

Khyl hit Joseph's head and commented, "How did you even think of something like that?"

King Albert and Prince Jerome laughed at Joseph, who kept blabbering about impossible things that would happen with the pendant, and he later laughed at his own words.

"Father, I am not one hundred percent sure about the pendant. I don't even know if it will work or not, so please be careful out there," Jerome said sincerely.

Joseph said while petting his head, "Brother, are you sure you'll be okay here?"

"I should be the one to ask you that," Jerome said while hitting his head.

Khyl asks in a sincere voice, "Please do everything to find Scarlett."

Jerome replied, "I will, brother." He then looked at his father and added, "Father, even though you are in the army camp, still be very careful; we don't know what danger the monsters may bring to you." Jerome then looked at his two brothers and added, "Please, brother, the two of you should be very careful. Don't worry, I'll find our sister whatever the cost."

"I will take note of that, my son," King Albert replied.

Khyl replied sincerely, "We will be very careful, and I hope you will find Scarlett when we get back. I am worried about her even now."

"I hope so too, so please find her elder brother," Joseph said worriedly.

Jerome replied, "I will do my best to find her."

Jerome then hugged his father and then his two brothers.

Seconds later, they broke out of their hug. The king and the two princes bid farewell to Jerome and then left the castle.