Chapter 7: The Real Occurrence

"After we discuss and introduce the trades we offered to them, they reject them. So we had no choice but to move on. When we got out of their trading guild, we saw the sun was about to descend. One of my companions suggested that we should go back to the kingdom. We all agreed on his statement and then set off."

The princess breathed heavily as she was holding something heavy in her chest.

They noticed that the princess's hands were shaking. They begin to listen very carefully to what will happen next.

Prince Jerome held her hands and said, "It's okay, you are safe now. You can tell us everything you saw, everything you know, and everything you experienced," in a sincere tone.

Scarlett smiled and held his elder brother's hands, then continued.

"On our way to the kingdom, the trip was fine and smooth. I was about to close my eyes when the carriage suddenly stopped in the middle of the road. I almost bumped my head into the carriage window. I heard noises outside, so I got curious. I slid back the curtains and took a glimpse outside." The princess breathed again and continued, "I saw the man who said to be the leader of the Trade Corp.; I think he was the one who led the blockage in the road. So I was surprised and asked myself what was happening, not until the man who introduced himself to be the leader of the trading group spoke."

FLASHBACK

"Leave your carriage, and I will let you pass," said the guy named Reeve.

They were surrounded by forty armed masked men, while the carriage had only nineteen armed merchants who were guarding their trade.

The merchant named Renfrey said, "We're not going to leave this carriage, so can you please get out of our way?" in a brave tone.

Merchant Renfrey was given the task of protecting the princess. Even if the queen doesn't tell him to protect the princess, he will still do it for his kingdom and for the future.

The guy named Reeve smiled in disbelief, shook his head, and said, "You leave me no choice." He then called his men and signaled them to attack. So the battle begins...

Princess Scarlett saw everything happening while peeking out the window. She saw how the blood scattered through her carriage's window. She was hopeless and scared of her situation. She cried but kept her voice down, so she wouldn't be heard by the people outside.

The battle was fierce. The merchants were outnumbered; they were stabbed and mercilessly beheaded, and screams could be heard everywhere near the area.

Princess Scarlett was in the corner of the carriage. She was crying as she heard the merchants screaming and hoping for a miracle to happen. A moment later, she looked out the window because she noticed that the fight had become quiet, and she heard a shout.

One of the armed masked men shouted and said, "Hahaha! Our attack was a success!"

"Don't get too cocky," Reeve said, adding, "Go check the surroundings; there are a few people who escaped. I will check the carriages one by one, and then the rest of you guard the area."

The Trade Corp. leader named Reeve checked the carriages one by one. There were three carriages, and Princess Scarlett was in the third one. When Reeve was about to check the third carriage...

A man came to report him and stopped Reeve for a few seconds.

The man said, "Sir, all the merchants who were trying to escape have been killed."

The princess heard it and then cried heavily. The two men heard a noise inside and looked at the carriage. The princess noticed that the two men stopped talking, so she covered her mouth with her hands to lower her voice. Reeve was about to open the door when someone shouted...

"Help, we are under attack!" said the man who guards the surrounding area as he watched his fellow men fall before him.

Reeve and the man who reported it left the carriage and backed up the guy who shouted.

The princess was crying while covering her mouth with her hands. Until she heard the fencing of the swords, she couldn't hold her emotions anymore and started to cry out.

A few moments later, she noticed that there were only two swords clashing with each other. She was curious and took a peek. She had heard before that the two men near her carriage said that all of her companions had been killed, and so she was wondering about the 'one' who was fighting against the Trade Corp.

She became curious, even though she was very scared. She still peeked through the window. She was shocked and wondered who the self-proclaimed leader of the Trade Corp. was fighting against. She can't see the fierce fighting clearly, as half of the window has stained blood all over it. But she can still see a glimpse of the two people fighting each other.

Meanwhile, outside the carriages, Reeve's subordinates were wiped out by just a single man, even though there were four of them who knew magic. They still lost, as the man was so fast that he killed a person in just the blink of an eye. Reeve was tired because he had fought earlier with the merchants.

Reeve kneeled down and said, "Who are you? And what do you want from us?" Reeve said while breathing heavily.

Reeve got hit by the young man. He had a wound to his arms and chest. Reeve was confused, as the young man's swordsmanship could not be identified by what country he belonged to. The young man's swordsmanship was beyond compare, and he was outmatched.

"You have no right to know who I am, and I do not need anything from you," said the young man with a cold expression.

Reeve replied, "If that's the case, why bother interfering with what we're doing?" while holding his wounds in his chest.

"I only did what was right," the young man said coldly.

The young man walked slowly towards the man who was kneeling while holding his wound. Reeve was preparing for a surprise attack and waiting for his chance to do so. When the young man was getting close to the person who kneeled down, Reeve finally launched his final attack, but he was shocked. The young man didn't clash with him, but instead, he went to his back in the blink of an eye and beheaded him without difficulty.

Question: Do you have a pendant?
Share your answers in the comments!