Chapter One

I am now a resident of Oklahoma. My family & I finished unpacking yesterday. I can finally relax. But then I remember about Tori. I call her to tell her that I'm here.
"Hey, I'm finally here." I say.
"You are?! Okay give me your address, I'm coming right over!" She practically screams. I give her my address & she hangs up. After a couple minutes, I hear a knock on the door. I open the door & hug her instantly.
"God I've missed you Chris." She says.
"I've missed you too." I say back.
"Okay, now that you're here, we need to catch up. Let's to go to the gas station to get some snacks & then hang out at my place for a while." She suggests.
"Sounds like a plan." I say.
I leave a note for my parents to tell them where I will be. We walk to a gas station called the DX. We just talk & catch up on things. She explains about how society works around here. How, it's split up. There are Socs: the rich kids. Then, the greasers: the poorer kids. I'm apparently a greaser.
After a while, we're here. We walk in & I get instantly overwhelmed with the 5 guys that are staring at our direction. I walk somewhere farther, trying to avoid them. That doesn't work.
"Chris, I want to introduce you to these guys." Tori says. I walk over to them with her.
"Guys, this is Christina. Chris this is Sodapop, Dally, Ponyboy, Johnny & Steve." She says.
I smile at them.
"It's nice to meet you Christina." Sodapop says smiling at me.
"Yeah, nice to meet ya doll." Dally says smirking at me.
I say "Hi" to the rest of them. They are really nice to me. But I am shy around new people so, I'm not really talking all that much. The whole time, I realized that Sodapop & Dally kept staring at me. I just tried to ignore them. I'm not really that type of girl that obsesses over guys all the time.
"Oh, yeah. Before I forget, Bucks having a Costume party on Halloween, so dress up." He says still staring at me.
After a while of talking, we buy our stuff & leave to head to her house.
"It's too bad you didn't get to meet Darry, or TwoBit." She says smiling. TwoBit & her are kind of a thing.
"So are you going to the party Chris?" She asks.
"I don't know, they seem really cool tho." I admit.
"Come on! We'll have a blast!" She says. "Please please please!" She begs.
"Okay, okay. I'll go. I'll just ask my parents if I can go to the store tomorrow to buy a costume." I say. I still have 5 days till halloween. I have time. The rest of the day, I spend with my best friend until she takes me home. I offer to walk myself, but she doesn't want me too. This was a good first day here in Tulsa.