Chapter 18

They hurt me. Is all that runs through my mind right now. I understand that people get jumped all the time, but I never knew how much it would hurt, & I don't mean on the outside.

I walk to no where in particular, when something catches my eyes. A sigh on a window that reads: Sign up for wrestling today!

I look around to make sure no one is watching me. The coast is clear. I walk in the building & see a bunch of people working out & some people practicing moves on a mat on the opposite side of the room.

These, these people. They look like they're untouchable. Like nothing can hurt them. A middle aged woman comes up to me.

"Hello, how may I help you?" She asks nicely.

Should I sigh up? I've always found wrestling pretty cool. If I sign up, I can learn to defend myself. But on the other note, if I sign up, then the gang will be mad at me that I've joined a sport that involves me getting hurt.

I have to do this. For me.

"I would like to sign up for wrestling." I state.

••••
Sodapop POV

Sandy is in the middle of telling me a story, which I have no interest in, when she snaps in my face.

"Hello, Soda, are you even listening?" She asks.

"I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind." I reply.

"Ugh, is this about Christina? She will be okay, she's a tough girl. If you want I can talk to her to make sure she's okay?" She says. I smile.

"Sandy, this is why I love you. You're so nice & so helpful. Thank you baby." I say. She puts her hand on my neck & pulls her lips to mine. We kiss for a long time, when I hear the bell ring by the door. I pull away & see Dally standing there looking around.

"Whatcha need Dal?" I ask. I'm still mad by the way he talked to Christina.

"Where's Christina?" He asks coming to the counter.

"I don't know, I drove her here & she just left." I ask, feeling hurt. I hope she's okay. I really can't concentrate on anything else.

"Shit." He says & walks out.

I look back at Sandy. She has an expression that looks like she tasted something sour.

"You drove her here?" She asks kind of nicely.

"Yeah, is that okay?" I ask nervously.

"Of course it's okay! You're soooo sweet." She says pulling me in for another kiss.

••••

Christina POV (again)

"Okay, thank you." I say walking out of the building. That was actually really awesome. They gave me a duffle bag fill of things that will help me. I was basically working out for the most part, tomorrow they're going to show me moves.

I walk home when I see a familiar face. Johnny. Shit. I start to walk faster, but he notices me.

"Christina?" He asks.

I turn & look at him, trying to act casual.

"Hey." I says.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry about the Dally situation." He says.

"No, no, it's totally okay." I say.

"Have you talked to him yet?" He asks.

"No, no I haven't actually. Ugh, I don't know what to do anymore." I admit.

"What's with the bag?" He asks pointing at my bag. I'm about to tell him a lie, but, this is Johnny. I can't lie to him. I sigh & open the bag & he sees what's inside.

"Christina." He whispers, still looking at the bag.

"I joined wrestling today." I say.

"Why?"

"Because I want to be able to help myself." He looks at me, then at the bag.

"Johnny you're the only one that knows. Promise me you won't tell anyone, especially not Dallas." I explain to him.

"I promise. But, please be carful." He says.

"I will." I say pulling him in for a hug.
After that, we put the stuff back in the bag & start walking towards the Curtis house. We are right outside the fence when we hear something.

"Johnny? Hey Johnny!" A voice says. We turn around & see Dally.

"Johnny take my bag." I say. He takes it & throws it in the bushes.

"Have you seen Chr-" he stops once he sees me. I just stand there. I'm still hurt by what happened.

"Johnny, I need to talk to Chris." Dally says, with that, Johnny goes in the house.

"What is it Dallas?" I ask gently.

****
Hope you enjoyed. Sorry of the cliffhangers! 🙊💋
~Quote of the day~

"Sometimes, you just need to breath."