Chapter 4

We walk out of the building & I'm still trying to actually comprehend what happened. I don't like getting into fights. I generally try to stay away from negative energy. But, Angela. I'm not gonna let her get away with something like that.

Darry is still grabbing my hand. The rest of the gang, besides Dally, following. We finally stop by the DX. We enter & they all just stare at me waiting for what I have to say.

"Okay, I know that you all are gonna tell me that I shouldn't have done that, & that was a stupid move of me to make, but hear me out." I finish trying to catch my breath.

"Okay." Darry says. He doesn't look mad. But he doesn't look happy either.

"Okay." I say feeling relieved that they will hear me out.

"Okay look, I know that I haven't been in this town for even a week & it's messed up that I already made an enemy. But, I know enough about you guys to say that no one deserves to be treated the way Johnny was just treated back there. I will help any one of you. I don't care if I have to make a few enemies along the way. & I generally try to stay away from that stuff. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you guys back there. I really am. &, I know that this isn't what you were hoping for, but I'm not sorry for what I did." I finally finish.

They all just stare at each other in shock. I see Sodapop smiling that the ground. Darry just sighs.

"Look Chris. I think I speak for everyone when I say: we're not mad. We're actually proud. No girl has ever help one of us before. & what you just said, well, that shows a lot of character." He says. They all shake their heads as if saying yes. I smile, feeling happy that they're not mad.

"Thank you." I say quietly.

"Let's head home." Ponyboy says.

"Hey Dar, can Chris come?" Soda asks. Darry looks at me smiling.

"Of course. Welcome to the gang." Darry says, giving me a side hug.

"You guys go. I have to head back, Tori's' probably worried sick." TwoBit says. Tori. I forgot about her. I let out a groan.

"Can you please tell Tori I'm sorry for leaving her back there?" I ask TwoBit.

"Sure, okay I'll see y'all later." He says running off.

We start walking to the Curtis house. Johnny suddenly comes to my side.

"Hey, um, can I talk to you?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Okay, I just wanted to say, thank you for helping me back there. That was nice of you." He finished smiling. I can see some other emotion in his eyes.

"I'm really sorry if I embarrassed you!" I mention.

"Naw, it's alright. No ones ever stood up to Angela before. So everyone else she's mouthed off too is embarrassed too."

I just laugh in return. He starts walking with Ponyboy. Finally we reach the Curtis home. They all start acting like wild animals right away. This is going to be a very long night.

Sorry for the crappy chapter, I wrote most of this when I was suppose to be sleeping. Hope it was enjoyable tho!😁💙💋
~Quote of the day~

"I didn't become heartless, I just became smarter. My happiness will not depend on someone else. Not anymore."