Chapter 5

Ponyboy asked me if I wanted to stay for a little while longer. I check the clock. It reads 8:24. I think I still have time to hang out.

"Sure, just let me call my parents to let them know where I am." I say & walk over to the phone.

"Hello?" My brothers voice says.

"Hey Justin, this is Christina. Can you tell mom & dad that I'm gonna hang out with my friends." I ask.

"Sure, when will you be back?"

"Like around 10."

"Okay, I'll let them know. Bye." He hangs up.

"Okay, I can stay." I say, causing Ponyboy to grin. We all hang out for a while until the clock reads 9:40.

"I should probably get going. I'm, starting to get sick of being in a costume." I chuckle.

"You should come over tomorrow." Sodapop says.

"You sure?"

"Yeah! We'd love to have you again." He says. They all nod.

"Okay, I'll see you guys tomorrow then." I start to walk out when Sodapop speaks again.

"I should probably walk you home, it ain't safe for you to be walkin' home all by yourself." He says smirking.

"Okay." I respond. We head out the door & start walking to my house. My house is really close to the line that divides the socs & the greasers. But I'm on the greasers side. I'm really middle class, but I'm more of a greaser. Tori explained all of this to me on the way to the party.

"So, you just moved around here?" Soda asks breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I'm from Chicago. It's really nice of you to walk me home. You really didn't have to." I admit to him. He smiles.

"I did it for two reasons. #1: you could get jumped, & I wouldn't want them to hurt you. & #2: I wanted to." I smile at the last one. I don't know what he means by jumped but I don't want to know right now. The wind starts to get stronger. I love the wind. It gives me a rush. But this makes me cold, & I guess Soda notices.

"You cold?" He asks.

"A little."

"Here," he starts to take off his jacket.

"No, no it's okay!" I say trying to stop him. He puts it over my shoulders anyways.

"Thanks." I say. I can feel my cheeks start to get warm & my stomach starts feeling weird, but in a good way. I smile to myself. We finally make it to my house.

"Well, this is my stop. Thank you again for walking me home & for an interesting day." I smile taking his jacket off my shoulders & handing it to him. He takes it & smiles.

"Anytime." He says.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." I say walking up the steps to my front door.

"Hey, Chris?" He says. He looks nervous.

"Yeah?"

He hesitates. "Umm, nevermind. See ya." He says & walks off. I enter my house & walk over to the kitchen where my parents are.

"Hey honey, how was the party?" My dad asks.

"It was, good." I don't want to tell them about what happened with Angela. "Sorry but I'm actually really tired. I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

"Okay, goodnight." My mom says.

I walk to my brother & say goodnight to him. I get into my pajamas & get to bed. I'm trying to sleep, but my mind keeps going back to everything that's happened tonight. With Dally, Angela, Sodapop. Eventually I sleep.

Hope you guys enjoyed! 💭💙
~Quote of the day~

"What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be."