Chapter 3

Y/n's pov:

"Good morning,beautiful world." I chirped excitedly after waking up.

I had always been positive about my life no matter what.But this morning,it felt new.It felt so lively.It felt like new hope.

I was finally going to my first job ever in my twenty three years of life.Yes,I was finally employed and,I was employed at one of the most prestigious,top-tier companies,the Jeon Ent.

I was surprised when I received the joining letter from them the other day.I mean,they selected me?Out of all those well-experienced candidates?

Mom and Yuhan were also happy for me. Though my great father still wasn't aware of my employment,but who cared.He won't ever be happy with me.

My own happiness mattered to me the most at this point and I was beyond happy.

Anyone would say that it's not a big deal and blah blah blah..But you gotta enjoy the little things in life.

With a mind filled with fresh thoughts and a soul filled with new hopes,I freshened up,took a shower and selected the dress I would wear on my first day at work before going downstairs for breakfast.

I could already smell the mouth watering, delicious chicken soup that my mom makes from the stairs.

I hopped down the last stair and jogged to the kitchen with a bright smile.

"Good morning mom.Good morning Yuhan." I ruffled my younger brother's hair as he scrunched his nose and tried to hit me in the arm,playfully of course.

"Good morning honey.Did you have a good sleep last night?" I smiled brightly and nodded before sitting down beside Yuhan.

"Obviously she slept well,look how she is glowing.Must have dreamt about her new job the whole night."

Mom chuckled at Yuhan's words.I rolled my eyes and took a piece of fried pumpkin from Yuhan's plate.

"That's mine noona!" I munched on the tasty piece of fried pumpkin while Yuhan whined.

"Last night you ate my fried chicken.Tit for tat." Yuhan sighed and shut his mouth as mom served me breakfast too.

I was happily eating while chit chatting with mom and Yuhan but when dad appeared,the three of us went silent.

"Good morning." Mom and Yuhan greeted him together as he greeted them back. "Good morning dad." He looked at me and nodded.

"Umm..I know you are not interested in listening but I want to inform you anyway. I got a job dad,the joining date is today."

The way color vanished from his face right when I announced the news,anyone would have thought he was having a seizure.

"Where?" He simply asked without much emotion in his voice.Thank god he didn't choose to ruin the beginning of the day with foul words.

"Jeon Ent." I swear I saw him almost throwing the water in my face right when the name slipped from my mouth.He probably wanted to bleach my mouth for saying that name which he hated the most to hear.

"You didn't get any other company to work for except that bullshit's one?" I take back what I said earlier.He never liked peace.

"No one wanted to employ me." "Only they wanted?Useless people hiring another useless one." 

I took a deep breath and pulled the sweetest smile I could ever do. "They didn't want me to employ because I am your daughter." 

His face went another shade down on pale when he realized what I meant.