Day 203

The day was over, so I hid myself within a small cave that I found in the ceiling of the underground lake. Breakfast was part of the Crab King Crysora that I hadn't eaten yesterday. Since it was crab, I wished I could boil it in a pot, though eating it raw was enjoyable nonetheless. The leg meat was especially tender.

It was odd that the meat wasn't tough or gamey, especially since it supported such a massive frame that must have weighed in the several dozen of tons and capable of maneuvering at high speeds. Regardless, the meat was firm and held a nice elasticity, and I enjoyed filling my entire mouth with it.

Bite by bite, I was accompanied with a strong burst of rich flavors and joy, the surge hitting my tongue like lightning. I found myself almost overloaded by the sheer pleasure overwhelming my senses of pleasure.

Honestly, I prefer this compared to Wyvern meat now, The meat had a peculiar flavor that was simply delicious. It was outstandingly rich, especially for a crab. The experience was refreshing.

【Ability learned: Bubble Breath・Acid】

【Ability learned: Crystal・Quartz】

【Ability learned: Pressurized Lightning Cannon】

I was pleased to gain several offensive abilities and continued with my sim in the underground today. There were far fewer traps here than in the other dungeons, and there weren't many monsters either. Though, because of all the jagged rocks jutting out seemingly at random, greatly restricting some locations, I needed to be precise in my movements.

After awhile of looking around, I spotted several small caves here and there. All of them were simple caverns that neither interlinked nor had anything unique about them aside from providing some air. Because they didn't connect to one another, it remained necessary to swim to progress. It was often bothersome due to the lack of light, I came close to being cut several times by the rocks.

Of course, I quickly got used to the process of moving through the floor and avoided nearly any crashes. Both progressing and gathering items grew both faster and easier as I went forward. I even managed to reach the deepest part of the 20th floor just before noon by racing myself.

There I found a large hollowed out circular space that stood out from the bare rock surface of the rest of the floor. It stretched for nearly a hundred meters in diameter.

From its depths, large bubbles drifted up from countless holes in the ground, they ranged around 10 centimeters. There was also a small enclave near the ceiling that filled with air, though it was remarkably small. It was quite obvious that it was a battlefield meant to be fought in the water.

Continuing with the constant of this floor, the only sources of light within the entire space consisted of only glowing shellfish and moss that grew naturally on the walls. Though admittedly this filled the entire scene with a wondrous blue light that glittered through the water.

The name of the floor boss you needed to fight was the "Vortex Armored Turtle". It came out from a hollowed-out circular space within the hollowed out area in the center. It was a massive turtle that was covered with an even more exceedingly massive shell. I judged the blue turtle to have been around 8 meters tall and wide.

When attacking, the shell was, without a doubt, at least as hard as a dragon's scales. With dozens of hollow pointed protrusions scattered across it, it invoked the image of a syringe.

While the Vortex Armored Turtle wasn't moving, it manipulated the flow of the water using it's protrusions. They would suck in a large quantity of water, compress it, and then spew it out again. It created a massive vortex intended to catch any invader that had intended to attack, and suffocate them.

Even if the opponent didn't somehow die, they would have to somehow get through the stunning defense of the Turtle's shell while dealing with any possible attacks. Further combined with the inhospitable terrain, the Turtle made for quite the formidable adversary.

I have to give this creature credit, even I couldn't figure out an easy way to capture it, and I did put a modest effort into the attempt. The shell was simply too thick and was able to completely negate any damage set below a fixed severity, and nearly complete immunity to heat, lightning, ice and or even physical blows.

That said, it is possible to win easily if you have the ability to smash the shell and break past its ability to negate damage. To put it simply, it is essential to demonstrate overwhelming amounts of violence and obliterate the target with exceedingly extreme attacks.

【Floor boss Vortex Armored Turtle successfully eliminated.】

【Yatendouji is permitted to proceed to the next floor, floor boss [Vortex Armored Turtle] can hereafter be passed without battle.】

【Yatendouji awarded the【Shell of the Vortex Armored Turtle】as a first time subjugation bonus.】

【Yatendouji assigned the Rare Skill【Sinker】as a bonus for a solo kill.】

I have to say that though the defense was solid, once you figure out how to force your way through the vortex, it's extremely easy to just cling to the beast and deal with it. The entire battle was the simple process of me beating the shell into oblivion with my silver arm. Admittedly it did take some time since it was a relatively big bird to bring down.

After it died, I collected the corpse and loot that was to be found and continued on to the 21st floor. It was an overturned river filled with pillars of milky white stone. In the room there were 3 massive ships made of magic metal.