Day 206

While I was aware that Kanami, Supesei and the others were occupying themselves as they waited for me, I wanted to capture this labyrinth before anything else. For breakfast, I enjoyed both the Vortex Armored Turtle and the Gillman Lord Dominaria.

I wanted to eat the Vortex Turtle specifically before it was consumed by the labyrinth and disappeared. After making my way through the massive shell, I enjoyed the heart that was about the size of a fully grown hobgoblin. I sliced it up along with its huge liver and enjoyed it as sashimi while I barbecued 2 of its legs.

Instead of having the intended delicate flavor, the sashimi was crunchy. Unique tastes weren't bad every so often, so it became tolerable with a swash of liquor.

Though, when I turned to taste Dominaria, I found it had a heavy yet enriched flavor. The aftertaste especially was refreshing. When I consumed it at a specific temperature, the texture was out of this world. Though... I inadvertently ate too much.

I ate Dominaria with a side of Ragon. The Ragon was the huge fish that Dominaria rode, and it had plenty of tallow that was enjoyable. The pink body had a slight sweet fragrance which only served to stimulate my appetite. All of my dishes were delicious, and I ate happily as I did heartily. Because both floor bosses were high-level monsters, my entire body brimmed with power after every bite.

【Ability learned: Hardened Scaled Husk Generation】

【Ability learned: Intermediate Summoning: Fishman】

【Ability learned: Erupting Thorn Generation】

【Ability learned: Shell Generation】

【Ability learned: Multiple Shells】

There were a lot of generation abilities in particular this time around. I received【Hardened Scaled Husk Generation】and【Intermediate Summoning: Fishman】 from Dominaria, whilst【Erupting Thorn Generation】,【Shell Generation】and【Multiple Shells】came from the Vortex Turtle.

The abilities certainly suited the both bosses' characteristics. Giving into my temptation to experiment, I immediately used【Intermediate Summoning: Fishman】and a Sahuagin [1] appeared. It was a single class higher than a Gillman -- like hobgoblins to goblins. Though, at best I was able to summon a black Gillman Lord. I found that they actually had a moderate amount of intelligence and were able to act autonomously when I allowed it.

They didn't need detailed instructions since they could move independently, though it became necessary for anything more complex. I'm sure that higher-ranking ones wouldn't require any commands to be able to act on their own, but it's good enough for the moment. I guess. It does make the subjugation a little easier regardless, and they'll be a rather significant help in the future I'm sure.

I opted to take this as a good omen for the morning and went off to continue my grand dungeon conquest. From the 31st floor onward, it was necessary to follow a myriad of intricate waterways that flowed in midair. The stairs I came from earlier descend down to a semicircle that goes around for about 10 meters, and then that's it, nothing else but air and the water path.

I could neither see a ceiling nor the ground below. I basically felt that I was standing in an isolated area some 2,000 meters in the air, it made it better to ponder my surroundings.

The foothold certainly gave that kind of vibe. I separated a part of myself so I could test it out. It went out, and then a little while later it somehow appeared above me. Well, before it uneventfully dropped in front of me making a face and continued falling.

It appeared that the space in that place looped. After falling to a certain point, it transferred back up into the air and... fell back down. Even though the possibility of crashing to one's death disappeared, the true risk remained. One carelessly awkward mistake would put me into this loop endlessly, and cause me to horribly starve to death. As that type of death was particularly undesirable, extra caution was demanded.