Day 207

The 36th floor resembled the floors between the 11th and the 15th. There were not a lot of dungeon monsters and I was easily able to collect the dungeon items on this floor. The waterfall poured down incessantly from the ceiling into the basin below, though there was a spot where I could enjoy fishing safely.

Aside from the "Steel Scaled Arowana[1]" and the "Silver Scaled Pirarucu[2]" that I caught in the previous lakes, there were also fish like "7-Colored Loach[3]" and "Cherry Blossom Rainbow Trout[4]". It's possible to obtain these delicious ingredients and bake them covered in salt.

Because there are only a few people that come here, and the fish are not accustomed to be allured, they are quickly biting after I attached bait to my line and cast it.

They're biting at every cast. I only let the line set in for several seconds, before reeling it in and catching the fish. After pulling a few of them, the fish learned from it, and the amount of biting became worse up to a certain degree. I'll settle for now as I was able to catch a dozen of them.

In addition to the basin of the waterfall, there were places where the spring water came up to your ankles and a dense vegetation grew. I was able to obtain vegetables such as "Famous Spring Eggplant", "Golden Watermelon", "Red Emperor Tomato" and "White King Cabbage".

My personal favorite was above all the "Famous Spring Eggplant". Even though it's so delicate that it can already get damaged by rubbing it lightly, its bright violet skin and plump appearance looked really delicious.

It really was delicious. When I took a bite, a large amount of juice overflowed from of my mouth, and it had the sweetness of an apple or a strawberry, even though it was an eggplant. Because the aftertaste was a little sour, it was hard for me to stop eating. Even though there were several, I had to put them away before I ate them all up in no time.

They're raw now. If you'd cook them, they'll be even more delicious. The recovery speed of my body's magic increased just from eating them. Seeing as my physical strength recovered somewhat as well, this is a convenient item. I gathered them for as long as I could. It normally takes a suitable period before new ones grow, but this a dungeon. I'll harvest them again when I return home.

I roughly explored the place and understood that instead of dungeon items, there's an abundance of ingredients here. Chests and metals seemed to be scarce. Though delicious items are welcome, it's disappointing they only grew here. Perhaps, if I didn't have any obligations, I would have likely stayed here for a while. It is a very comfortable floor.

A splendid air fills my lungs. You won't lose interest in the large number of first-rate ingredients and no matter how many of them you eat, you'll spontaneously come back. The temperature is being kept at a moderate, comfortable level. The overflowing clean water can be used in countless of ways. There's no boredom because there are a lot of noises coming from large dungeon monsters that you occasionally meet and try to kill each other. Ha, this is considerably good.

I guess it might not be bad to build a cottage near the safe fishing spot by adjusting the Skeleton Centipede in a few ways. Well, I actually must go back because there are various things going on outside. This must be a dream. Because of the characteristics of this floor, I advanced without any particular hardships and arrived at the depth of the 40th floor.

There's a huge waterfall in the center here, and a basin of a corresponding size spreads out. The temperature here is low because of the spray of the waterfall that is flying around along the way the wind blows. The surroundings are encircled by a rocky mountainside, and the location is overgrown with plants. There are also marshes with high viscosity.

Because the ground is not as steady as it was before, you have to pay attention to your foothold in order to not lose your footing when push comes to shove. On a battlefield that looked more or less the same as the one where I fought King Crab ・ Crysora, something lay in wait. It's a 4-legged beast with a strange appearance that reminds me of either a dog or of a wolf.