Day 208

From the 41st floor onwards, a world of transparent spring water spread out. Simply put, all the floors are lakes. Only huge sacred lotus leaves could be used as footing. There was nothing else that could serve as a foothold. If I didn't move, there was no flow of air either. Not even one ripple could be seen on the water's surface.

The stairs ended on the sacred lotus leaf that seemed to be the biggest one around. I'd say it was around 50 meters in diameter? It had a stability to the extent that it wouldn't sink even if there were dozens of people standing on it.

In front of the first sacred lotus leaf, a straight path was made by a series of leaves of different sizes, with diameters going from several meters up to several dozens of meters. At a point where the sacred lotus leaves split into left and right, I examined the possibility of flying straight forward, but it wasn't an option. I understood that I couldn't fly here.

Because the forks gradually multiplied as I went forward, it became more complex. Even if the pathways had no walls, they looked similar to corridors. In other words, it's a labyrinth made out of sacred lotus leaves.

Because there were hardly any obstructions, the view was favorable. I was able to predict a rough route because I could see the previous area. On top of the sacred lotus leaves, I could confirm the wonderful ornaments of treasure chests and strong dungeon monsters that are clearly waiting to perform an ambush. Though it would be difficult to gather everything because of the complexity.

From afar, I was unable to thoroughly see the extensive complexity. There are a lot of things that looked reachable, but that I was unable to reach, which was very irritating. Though if given more time, I would have been able to get there one way or another but I gave up because I didn't feel like it.

The one thing above all that made this floor difficult is that if you temporarily fell off of the sacred lotus leaves, you would be instantly returned to the first sacred lotus leaf at the stairs. Like the floor before where the ceiling and the floor looped, I was able to deduce that this floor returns you to the beginning the moment you fall into the water.

There were fish-type dungeon monsters here that will push you into the water without mercy. There were also sacred lotus leaves that sink temporarily once you stand in front of the treasure chest that were placed on top of them. I was sent back to the beginning several times. To be honest, stress was piling up. Nevertheless, I advanced while continuing to be careful.

While collecting treasure chests and corpses of the strong dungeon monsters that I took on, I arrived at the deepest part of the 45th floor at night. At the deepest part, there was a sacred lotus leaf as big as the one at the stairs in the beginning.

However, the road on the sacred lotus leaves didn't continue as before, and the way I came from temporarily disappeared. The sacred lotus leaves that were there a while ago, seemed to have sunk the moment I arrived. Only a slight ripple showed any remaining trace of it, and even that was gradually disappearing.

The floor boss of the 45th floor that fights on the sacred lotus leaf, appeared at the same time the leaves sank. Two beautiful women were the only thing left standing on the very large surface of the lake.

The name of the floor boss was "Crimson Armed Gemineuvia". Blue, glittering long hair extended to their waist, reflecting the light. I stared at their blue eyes that drove their prey that sank in their blue eyes to insanity – I have to mention it didn't happen to me this time. The cold, murderous intent of these smiling twins was hidden by their beautiful, doll-like faces.

They were wearing beautiful mercury evening dresses, decorated with an ornament that had a skull-like gem embedded in the seedbed of blooming water lilies. Red dress gloves covered everything until halfway up their upper arms. They wore scarfs so pale, they were almost transparent.

They were approximately 160 centimeters high, and had a very thin, delicate build in general. Nevertheless, because of their soft feminine curves and nonchalant behavior, they gave off a strong sex appeal. It looks like they had a natural【Charm】magic, like dryads. Intending to look frail, they looked like they could be beaten by just looking at them.

Crimson Armed Gemineuvia is related to the Vivian race, a water fairy consisting of 2 persons. The Vivian live near watering holes such as lakes and are, in essence, a gentle race. That being said, everything has its exceptions. Crimson Armed Gemineuvia, being one of the exceptions, adored to torment others. They're a dangerous monster that would kill any fool that was done in by their pretty face and【Charm】.

Their red dress gloves seemed to be composed out of the blood of the creatures they killed. Looks like a deep-seated grudge dwelled in them. Anyone flirting with them gets mesmerized and any liquid they touch gets boiled. Through their magic, any liquid could become as hot as 500 degrees Celsius. So if you got bewildered by their beauty, there's the possibility that you'd get killed the moment you get touched, because even your blood will boil when touched.

By the way, if you decapitate one of the Crimson Armed Gemineuvia, while the other is still alive, she gets revived immediately. It's necessary to kill both at the same time in order to subdue them. Seeing as they're a water fairy, they can absorb magic if there's a large volume of water nearby, which apparently also restores some health.

Seeing as the surroundings of Crimson Armed Gemineuvia are a place filled with water, it became their weapon, making it their perfect hunting ground.

【Floor boss [Crimson Armed Gemineuvia] successfully eliminated.】

【Yatendouji is permitted to proceed to the next floor, floor boss [Crimson Armed Gemineuvia] can hereafter be passed without battle.】

【Yatendouji awarded the【Crimson Armed Lady】.】

【Yatendouji assigned the Rare Skill【Hot Water Torrent】as a bonus for a solo kill.】

A tsunami of hot water approached the sacred lotus leaf from all sides. The twins cooperated and manipulated the hot water, creating many dragon heads. Several hundreds of them were floating midair, creating an artillery targeting the water dome. The knitted sacred lotus leaf was burnt down after their relentless fury ended.

Because of the variety of attacks, it was hard to defend against the wide array of water attacks. I was very likely to receive splash damage if I avoided a direct attack, and there was no other way to deal with its attacks. Even if there would have been, it wouldn't have made any difference. Because of the high volume of water, defending against it would have gradually whittled me down.

One annoying thing about the twins is that they kept a constant distance from me. One took up position in front of me, another behind me. I had to fight while trying to kill these two at same time. Crimson Armed Gemineuvia rotated intelligently, circling around the lake's surface while attacking me remotely. Honestly, I was fed up with it.

Eventually, I used one of the abilities of my vermillion spear combined with my marksmanship. The extraordinary power of my 4th-grade Demise magic bombarded them and pierced both their hearts at the same time. So, I subdued them. I collected the treasure chest and the corpses, and descended the stairs that appeared at the center of the sacred lotus leaf.

The 46th floor introduced the final levels, and had characteristics of all the floors that I went through up until now. It is a fantastic space!