Part 4

My best friend had just dropped me off at the airport. I was going on a work trip. I hated these trips. They were never interesting. Always the same meetings just in different locations.

This time it was Minorca. At least it would nice and sunny instead of cold and wet like London.

I didn't think Leo would be on the trip. He had no reason to as far as I was concerned.

So you should have seen my face when I walked inside and saw him among the group.

Things had been a little awkward between us when we were in group settings but when we were alone we were able to act like nothing was going on. We could fuck around then act like friends. I liked it that way.

"Hi Leo." I greeted and he gave me a hug. A side hug. A side hug? Alright.

I greeted everyone else and we made our way to  check in.

I stayed on my phone the whole time when we got to the lounge. I knew Leo was as bored as I was but I didn't want people to think we were all over each other. That's the last thing I wanted.

We had a brunch so I couldn't really enjoy my night the way I wanted to. I wanted to message Leo to invite him to my room. Not to do anything like that, just to chill but I chickened out.

When I was in bed I received a message.

"Can I come down? I'm bored." Leo sent.

I mean sure it's what I wanted to do so why not. Just talk. Nothing else. We don't have to have sex every time.

He turned up in these dorky pyjamas that made me laugh. They were cute.

"Nice pjs." I teased and he laughed.

"Thanks." He replied sarcastically and walked to the mini fridge. I panicked.

"Woah woah woah." I exclaimed and closed the fridge.

"Don't worry . It's in the company." He reassured and I glared at him.

"Hmm alright but if I get charged you're paying me back." I said and poked his chest.

He pulled out a bottle of white wine and handed me a glass from the table.

"We have a brunch in the morning." I reminded him and he shrugged.

"We'll have a little it's fine." He spoke.

I'm easily swayed. I nodded and he poured me a glass.

We spoke all night long and even made dinner plans for the next night. It was like old times.

"I should get going." He sighed. It was 2 am already. Even though it was late I was enjoying our time and I knew he was too.

"Well alright." I replied and he walked to the door. "Dream of me." I added and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"Goodnight." He smiled.

"Night."

See, we could spend time together and without things getting sexual.

I woke up feeling good. I was by the beach, it was warm. The only problem is this wasn't a vacation.

I made my way downstairs to the business brunch. I took my time getting ready because we had to dress smart. I even did my make up for this.

I knew I looked good so I was bound to turn heads. That was for sure.

The seats were already decided and I was sitting next to my boss. How unfortunate. I was hoping to be sat with Leo but it was okay.