Part 18

"Happy new year my love," I said to Leo as the clock hit midnight and sat on his lap. We were at a friends house for a New Year's Eve dinner. Leo looked as sexy as ever in his suit and tie.

"Happy new year baby," whispered and kissed my shoulder. I was wearing a silk red dress that I knew he loved. "I can't wait to get you out of that dress," he whispered in my ear and I smiled. Luckily none of the other couples there heard us.

"Leo!" I whisper shouted and he smiled. The idea wasn't a bad one though.

"I think we should get going Ava," Leo said loud enough for the hosts to hear. We got up and walked over to them to say our goodbyes.

"I can't believe it's already 2024," I smiled and he held my waist as we walked. "And no I haven't showered since last year jokes," I told him quickly and he laughed.

"You know me so well," he smiled and stopped me to kiss me. "So what are you goals for the year?" He asked as we continued to walk home.

"I wanna travel more," I started and he smiled.

"Well you know I love a getaway," he said.

"I also want a bigger client. One that's high profile," I continued.

"Well that won't be difficult. You've been working so hard," he said and I smiled. It was nice to be recognised for my efforts.

"Hopefully," I smiled. "What about you?" I asked.

"I wanna move in together," he said and stopped walking. I stood in place and turned to look at him. I was met with him holding a key with a ribbon tied to it. "Move in with me," he said with a smile on his face and I smiled hard.

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course," he said.

"You're gonna get sick of me," I joked and he smiled.

"So is that a yes?" He asked and held the key out for me to take.

"Yes!" I exclaimed and kissed him. He stumbled back and held me close as we kissed.

"And I could never get sick of you baby," he said against my lips and I laughed. He handed me the key and kissed me before we continued our walk.

"Got any other big plans for the new year?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Well yeah, I wanna travel more too," he smiled. "And I wanna read more too." He added. He was such a nerd and I loved it.

When we arrived at his apartment and went to the elevator. We smiled like fools as we impatiently waited for the elevator to get to his floor.

The doors opened and we walked out of the elevator. When we got to the front door he smiled and stepped back.

"You do the honours baby," he spoke and I unlocked the door. That's when it really hit me that this was now my place too. I turned the lights on and walked in to the living room to see a vase of flowers and a card for me.

"What's this?" I asked and he smiled.

"Oh it's nothing," he said and watched me open the card.

It read: 'for my special girl, I can't wait for this next chapter in our lives. Happy new year.'

He could be romantic when he wanted to.

"Oh Leo thank you!" I squealed and kissed him. "I love you," I whispered against his lips and he hummed when our tongues brushed together. His hands held my hips as we kissed. I loved the way his lips felt in mine.

"I love you too baby," he spoke softly why he pulled away. My arms rested on his shoulders as I looked up at him with the biggest smile on my face. "Did I mention how beautiful you look?" He asked and I blushed.