Chapter Nine(v4)

Chapter Nine

A bead of sweat ran down Daniel's brow as he pumped air into the mattress using an air pump. It was much harder to do than he thought it would be. Was there a hole in the mattress? This was absolutely ridiculous. Damn it Leon! Daniel thought to himself. He shouldn't be in this situation. That stupid idiotic bastard. He couldn't keep him here forever. In frustration Daniel flung the air pump across the room.

"Hey! Help me!" he cried out. He longed to hear someone's voice, anyone's voice, even if it was Leon's.

But there was no reply.

"Hello?" Daniel yelled. "Someone get me out of here!" he dropped his voice to a low murmur. "Fuck." How the hell was he going to get out of this? He couldn't stay here. If he stayed here he would die, whether it was by Leon's hand or Dante's.

Dante. Daniel couldn't believe Philip had been so determined as to lead Leon to Dante, of all people.

He was dead. He was going to die here, in Leon's garage like some animal.

"Help!" he shouted. "God damn it, somebody help me!"

He listened, his eyes on the small window. No response.

Daniel sighed, and stared out that window as though it was his only hope in the world. It was getting rather late. Where was Leon anyway? From the window Daniel could only see a small patch of purple twilight, his one source of beauty amidst the horrifying boring normality that surrounded him. This wasn't a game anymore. Leon didn't understand what he was getting into. They were talking about Dante now. Cale. Two extremely dangerous people that would be more than willing to slit Leon's throat. Didn't he realize he could be in danger? Didn't he know he was dragging Daniel into that danger as well? This wasn't a 'sliced arm' type of situation. This was a 'bullet to head' type of situation.

"Help!" Daniel demanded sharply. He knew that no-one was going to answer, but there wasn't anything else he could do in this situation, and the garage offered little in terms of entertainment.

He lowered his head to the ground feeling hopelessness overwhelm him. Oh Philip, he thought to himself. I wish you were here. You're so smart-you'd know what to do.

"Hello?" a small voice questioned.

Daniel froze, tripping over his tongue in shock. Finally, after a second of panic, he found it. "Yes! Over here! Please help me!"

A face appeared in the window, a boy of about seventeen or so with dark hair and darker eyes. He possessed a glum sort of aura around him, and the first thing that came to Daniel's mind was that he probably wasn't very popular at his high school. A loner. "What the hell..." the boy muttered to himself as though this wasn't the scene he was expecting.

"Um, yes. Hello. I was wondering if you would help me get out of here." Daniel smiled, though he wasn't sure if that made him look more or less suspicious

"What...what happened to you?"

"I've been, well, kidnapped I suppose."

"I should call the police." The boy decided after a moment.

"No!" Daniel exclaimed. "Do not call the police. Just help me. Perhaps you have something that can cut through this wire?"

The boy's brows collided together in a puzzled expression. "You've been kidnapped." He stated.

"Yes."