Chapter Thirty One(v3)

Chapter Thirty One

Leon stood outside of Philip's door, and clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. He had felt that his talk with Philip had been both successful and unsuccessful. He had given Philip a bit of comfort, yet he didn't receive Philip's blessing to track down Daniel. Therefore, if he did decide to help Daniel on his own, Philip would still be pinned against him. He wasn't so foolish this time asround to think that he could easily outmaneuver the boy. Not only that, but the police refused to help. And he still had to protect Haley.

There were so many reasons not to help Daniel, so many people already against him. Leon sighed. He should just leave it alone. Move on. He had done it once before. Why not again? It was so tempting.

Leon heard a cry from the other side of the door, but this time decided not to investigate. He knew that Philip expressing his feelings was something delicate, something that he should not trample over. So he departed, and made his way back to his own room. Leon gripped the handle, and turned it in his hand. He wondered what type of position Daniel was in right now. It was difficult to say. Leon didn't know Cale well enough to be able to predict his actions. He didn't even know how Cale felt about Daniel! Perhaps Daniel's relationship to Philip would spare him any pain, or worse. Then again, the man was a maniac. Trying to impose logic on the insane was useless.

Haley was watching television on the bed, and smiled when Leon walked in the room. She was wrapped in a blue sundress, one that Leon hadn't seen her in before. She looked absolutely lovely.

"What are you watching?" he asked her.

She looked up at him lazily, stifling a yawn. She stared at the screen, apparently trying to answer his question. She had no idea what she had been watching. She seemed tired. Bored. Restless.

Leon joined her on the couch and kissed the top of her head, cherishing his feel of her smooth soft hair against her lips. "Are you not well darling?" he asked.

"It's difficult." She admitted. "I wish we could go home."

"I know. Hopefully this will be over soon." He knew that was an enormous lie. He could sense that this wasn't going to simply end. All he could do was wait it out and hope for the best. "Are you scared?"

"Not right now." She replied. "I trust you, and I trust that this is what's best for us."

Leon was touched by that trust. He felt as though they were together again, a team, a unit, a single united entity. He smelled her hair, and allowed it to envelope him. He loved her so much, he couldn't imagine anything that could contain it. Maybe they could do this. It wasn't Clay that had held them together. Clay's death had injured them, but it hadn't destroyed them. They could survive. They could love. They could move on. He kissed her head again, then moved down to her cheek. She turned towards him, her expression questioning.

He smiled. "I love you." He stated.

She snuggled into him, and sighed happily. "I love you too."

They would always be together. Haley really was his soul mate. She looked up at him from his chest, and leaned upward. Leon met her lips and they kissed. He grabbed her around the waist, feeling her flesh in his hands, and eagerly wanted more. They parted, and Haley gave him a lustful, almost begging look.

Leon smirked, one side of his mouth curling upward.

They began removing clothing, one tantalizing piece at a time.