21 - Get the Man

**MAVIS POV**

I was lying in bed with my head on Lloyd's chest a few nights later as I felt him easily slip out of bed. I fluttered my eyes open as he walked into the closet, and I saw him pack a small bag. I sat up, keeping myself covered since I had nothing on under the blankets.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked and Lloyd sighed.

"I have to go check on something. Someone we had a tracker on a few days ago slipped and we can't find the guy nor the tracker. I need to go see what I can do." Lloyd said and I groaned.

"Lloyd, you said you weren't going to go out in the field anymore. Send Felix or someone." I said and Lloyd shook his head.

"I need to do this myself sweetheart. I feel like I haven't been on my A game lately and I need to prove that I can be." Lloyd said and I groaned. I pulled my knees up to my chest.

"Fine, go." I said and Lloyd sighed.

Lloyd walked over to me and leaned down gripping my chin.

"I will be gone a week, week and a half tops. I'm good at what I do, and you know that. I don't plan on anything else going wrong or keeping me longer." Lloyd said and I sighed.

"Good because I really hate having to use my hand when you're not here." I said causing Lloyd to growl as he passionately kissed me.

"Use your hand if you must but I think you should try and hold off while I'm gone and save it all up for me." Lloyd said and I groaned.

"You better do the same then Hansen." I said and he nodded.

"You know it." Lloyd said and I heard a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" Lloyd asked and the door was opened but the guard didn't look in.

"The car is ready Mr. Hansen." The guard said and shut the door. I sighed.

"Can I walk you to the door?" I asked and he nodded as I got out of bed and put on some shorts and a top then my robe. Lloyd looked at me still wearing the necklace and smiled.

"Remember, leave that on at all times." Lloyd asked and I nodded.

"I don't plan on taking it off. I love it so much." Lloyd said and he nodded. We walked down to the front door. Lloyd handed his bag off to a guard and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me to him. "Stay out of trouble okay. You be safe." Lloyd said and I nodded.

 "Where would I get into trouble Lloyd? I live here under surveillance." I chuckled and he smiled. He leaned down and kissed me.

"Just be safe. I get worried leaving you." Lloyd said and I shook my head.

"No need to freak out Lloyd. I will be safe, you come home, and I will show you just how much I missed you." I said and Lloyd growled as he leaned in and passionately kissed me. He gently pushed me against the wall, and I moaned wrapping my arms around his neck, I gently bit his lower lip as he went to pull away.

"I don't know if that will hold me, but I damn sure hope it will." Lloyd said and walked out the door. I watched him to get in the back of the SUV and it drove away.

I shut the door and leaned against it. As I was leaning on the door, I felt my stomach start flipping. I rushed to the bathroom in Lloyd's office and made it in just enough time to get sick. I wasn't sure what was going on, but it had to be nerves with Lloyd leaving.

I left the bathroom and headed back up to bed. I would just sleep this way and start to feel better after a few hours' sleep.

💢💢💢

"A week and a half at tops Lloyd! You promised!" I yelled.

"I didn't promise anything cupcake. It was a "most likely", but this situation has become dire. I need to be here, I need to see this through." Lloyd said and I grumbled.

"Whatever." I said.

"Cupcake..."

"Don't..."

"I will be home as soon as I can. Trust me, I don't like being gone especially since I know you have been getting sick since I left." Lloyd said and I groaned knowing I didn't tell him.

"I'm fine. I think it's the flu or something." I said.

"Are you going to the doctor?" Lloyd asked.

"No, just the flu. I've been staying hydrated and just getting myself better. I'm already feeling better." I said and Lloyd sighed. I could tell he was fighting an internal battle. "Just get your man Lloyd and then come home." I said.

"Fine but if you're not better in a few days please have the guards take you to the doctor."

"Fine..." I said.

"Don't sass me Mavis..."

"Why you going to punish me when you get back?" I asked seductively.

"You don't behave I just might have to."

"Give me incentive to not behave then." I said and Lloyd chuckled.

"That's what I like to hear." Lloyd said and I smiled. I then felt my stomach flip as I ran to the bathroom, still on the phone. I tried to mute it, so Lloyd didn't hear. This was a violent one. I felt it in my whole body. Once I was done, I got on the phone and Lloyd sighed.

"Baby, please go to the doctor..."

"Yeah, I think I might." I said giving up.

"Okay, call me and let me know what they say." Lloyd said.

"I will." I said and I heard someone call Lloyd.

"I have to go. I love you." Lloyd said and before I could respond he hung up. I groaned and leaned back against the wall. This stomach bug was going to kill me.