22 - Lloyds Home

**A MONTH AND A HALF LATER**

I was in the back of the SUV just looking at the paperwork...this couldn't be right, and I knew it wasn't right which is why I had them run the test 4 times while I was there. I had all 4 results here in my hand.

When I questioned about the shot, I got, I was informed that I should have been using protection for a week or two after getting the shot and waiting for it to take effect. I should have known this, I shouldn't have been so stupid. Lloyd and I never thought of protection, we just always went with the flow and there was never usually time to even think about using anything. Now I was pregnant.

I had no clue how Lloyd was going to take this news, but this was something he should be told in person. Now to just get him home so he could be told.

"Felix, have you heard from Mr. Hansen today?" I asked the bodyguard sitting in the passenger seat of the SUV.

"Yes, he said he would be home in a few hours." Felix said and I nodded. Once we arrived back at the castle I went to Lloyd's office and put the paperwork on his desk. I knew he would see it and then come find me. It would be better if he saw it first and had time to let it sink in.

I walked upstairs to the bedroom and grabbed my book from the nightstand and then headed back downstairs and outside.

"Where are you going?" Felix asked and I sighed.

"I would like to get some fresh air and read. I will be in the maze. When Lloyd gets back, he can come and find me. He knows my reading spot in the maze." I said and he groaned and went to follow me.

"Felix, please...privacy." I said and he nodded.

"I need to at least stay at opening." Felix said.

"Fine but can you make sure he checks the paperwork before he comes to find me?" I asked Felix and he nodded.

"Of course." Felix said and I walked into the maze. I needed time for myself to really think and consider what was going to happen to me and my life and especially me and Lloyd.

**LLOYD POV**

My SUV pulled up outside the castle, a month and a half gone was too long. I should have been home weeks ago, but things went south, and I had to deal with it.

Mavis got home from the doctor a few hours ago since she still wasn't feeling better, I needed to know what was wrong. As I got out of the car I was met by a guard.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She is out in the maze but per Felix, she asked you to go look at the paperwork she left on your desk when you came home." Marcus, the guard said. I just looked at him to head to the maze.

"I would rather go find Mavis." I said.

"Mr. Hansen, she was insistent." Marcus said. I growled and headed into the castle and went to my desk.

I walked to my desk and grabbed the paperwork she left for me. I read it over...what was this saying? It was test results, she had something run four times and it all said the same thing. There in big bold lettering:

POSITIVE

Positive...I then looked over the paperwork a little more and saw that she went to see her OB/GYN. I read the last line on the paperwork:

Pregnancy in a healthy Pregnant woman: POSITIVE

Mavis is pregnant...Mavis is having a baby....my baby...we are going to be parents.

I fell down to sit in my chair. How did this happen? She had the shot! We were supposed to be safe! We weren't supposed to have kids! This isn't what was supposed to happen.

Okay time to go find Mavis, I needed to see how this happened and what was going to happen now. I needed her to explain all of this time. Was she even freaking out too? I didn't know what to expect. I quickly left the office and the castle damn near running to the maze and Felix was standing guard.

"She still in there?" I asked.

"Yes sir. She hasn't left. She said she is going to her reading spot." Felix said and I rushed inside. I knew she meant the fountain in the center of the maze. It wasn't just her reading spot, she liked to fuck there as well so I figured she was just waiting. I got to the center of the maze and looked for Mavis. She was nowhere to be found.

"Mavis?!" I yelled.

I walked around and couldn't find her, she wasn't hiding anywhere.

"MAVIS!!" I yelled louder. I started looking around starting to panic. I saw her book laying open on the ground by the fountain. I then looked at the gravel and I said clear drag marks and footprints that were too big to be Mavis's.

I ran out of the maze and towards the castle.

"Mavis is missing! I think she was taken!" I yelled and ran to the castle and went inside the tech room looking at the tech who tracked her necklace.

"Find Mavis! Now!" I growled. I then looked at another tech.

"The cameras around the maze, are they working?!" I asked. She typed on her keyboard.

"No, the feed was cut." She said in a small voice.

"AND NO ONE NOTICED?!" I yelled. "WHERE IS SHE?!" I yelled looking at the tech tracking her necklace.

"The website locked me out, it said they couldn't find her tracking." He said. I grabbed a keyboard from a computer that wasn't being used and I threw it against the wall. I then walked up to the tech.

"Then figure out the problem before I beat you to death with that keyboard." I growled and he started typing vigorously.

Where was she? Where did Mavis go?