8;)

8.Welcome To The Gang

"Hey, Bro. Good morning!"

Siddharth smiled, lifting his gaze up at his best friend who was smiling widely down at him and stood up to hug her.

"Morning, vaishu di!", he greeted her back. Vaishnavi flashed her angelic smile as she leaned back and ruffled Siddharth's hair making him roll his eyes, as if he didn't enjoy the gesture. Which he very much did.

"Where were you going?", Vaishnavi asked as they started walking together.

"Nowhere. Just Faisu called for a group meeting today.", Siddharth shrugged. "You didn't know?", he asked, raising a brow.

Vaishnavi stopped for a moment before smiling sheepishly. "Hehe, I forgot my phone at home.",she mumbled.

"Again?", Siddharth asked.

"I was getting late!", she defended herself, "And forgot it.", she mumbled.

Siddharth rolled his eyes. "Di...", he commented making Vaishnavi whine.

"Anyways... What do you think? Another group song?", Vaishnavi asked him, curiously.

They all were established singers in the industry, except Vaishnavi, who was famous but she was not really a singer. She was more of a choreographer than a singer. The only song she sang were in their group projects where all the singers somehow participated.

They did that out of fun one time but it became so popular that they were literally forced to sing another song together.

Vaishnavi, Siddharth, Faisal, Abhishek, Anushka... All were together in a group, which was basically all the soloists in blive. They released some songs together, maybe once or twice a year but their group was too damn popular in India.

Siddharth sighed. "I don't know. Maybe.", he answered shortly, looking somewhat lost. Vaishnavi, obviously, noticed the change.

"Hey, what happened?", she asked, "You seem a little lost?" Concern was clear in her voice and it made Taehyung smile.

He had someone to care about him. That's all he wants.

Someone who cares. His best friend. Vaishnavi is like one of the strongest pillars of his life. He would give his life for Vaishnavi anyday.

He swung an arm around Vaishnavi's shoulder and sighed. "Nothing.", he said dismissively, "I was just thinking about something."

Vaishnavi rolled her eyes. "Yeah... And that's what I asked you! What were you thinking about?", she asked.

Siddharth kept mum. Humming a random song, he dragged Vaishnavi with him into the elevator, ignoring the continuous interrogation of her, as if he couldn't even hear her.

"Is it about that Avneet? Did you meet her again?", Vaishnavi asked suddenly making Siddharth roll his eyes. Now, how can he ignore that?

"Vaishu di...", he said warningly, "I told you that you shouldn't talk about her."

"Sorry, oops-", Vaishnavi bit her tongue.

Siddharth exhaled. "Avneet is a closed chapter of my life. She doesn't matter anymore, you know?", he told her, a distant look in his eyes.

Yes, there was a time when Avneet was his life. His everything. But they broke up, and it changed.

It had to.

Siddharth could not just sit there and wait for Avneet because that would be so stupid. It's been five years since then, many things have changed now.

Avneet... After breaking up with him, he has had mixed feelings about her.