18;)

Guys the book already crossed 1.09k views.
Thanks to you'll.

18. Exes

"Hold my hand, Avneet."

Avneet looked at Siddharth with wide eyes as soon as he said that. Her mouth agape.

"W-what?", she sputtered out dumbly.

Siddharth frowned and forwarded his hand more in her direction. "Hold my hand.", he coaxed.

Avneet looked at him with wide dazed eyes. "Why?", she asked him.

"Why what? Everyone is holding hands."

"Huh?"

Avneet looked around and almost slapped herself. Of course, they were on the sets. They were shooting for the MV. A group MV.

"The director asked all to do that? Where are you lost?", Siddharth asked and Avneet shook her head and hesitantly held Siddharth's hand.

"Nothing, I was just worried about Ishaan. He had a mild fever today.", she lied, but it was true.

Ishaan was definitely ill but that's not what she was thinking about.

"Oh? Suddenly?" Siddharth asked, worriedly and it made Avneet smile a little.

"Yeah, he had it when I woke up this morning. But it was a mild one. I hope he's fine."

Siddharth squeezed her hand a little. "Don't worry, he'll be okay.", he assured. "Jannat is with him, right?"

Avneet nodded.

"He'll be fine. Also this is the last sequence, we'll be done in an hour or so."

"Siddharth! Avneet! Abhishek! Are you all ready?", the director shouted from his chair. All of them were talking and none of them was paying attention to the instructions.

"Yes, sorry!"

And after that they were ready for the scene.

"CUT!", the director angrily said, "Pay attention everyone. Anushka... You have to look at the others not the ground! And Abhishek stop staring at just Vaishnavi. Glance at others too!"

Abhishek shrugged. "She looks good.", he comments earning a smack on his arm by Vaishnavi.

"Stop flirting!", Faisal shouted from the side.

The director rolls his eyes and turns to Siddharth and Avneet's direction. "Can I get a little bit of emotions from the both of you? Why are you all expressionless and... stiff? Relax and smile."

Yeah, try being exes with a bad breakup and hold hands. Avneet wanted to scream but bit her lip. She just nodded and muttered a small sorry.

Siddharth just shrugged and flashed a charming smile at the director. "Like this, director?"

The director rolled his eyes and nodded.

Avneet was honestly jealous of how Siddharth was able to fake a smile so charming while on the other hand, he looks constipated while even posing a smile for a photoshoot.

The cameras rolled again and this time Abhishek glanced at all the members and Anushka did too.

And Faisal was just per-fect.

Siddharth smiled too but Avneet... Her smile looked more of a grimace.

"Cut! Avneet, what are you doing? SMILE! Smile! How hard is that?!", the director asked in frustration.

Avneet sighed. "I'm sorry. I just- please one more take, sir.", she said and then calmed herself down and willed herself to smile.

And this time, she succeeded.