10;)

10. The Desicion is Made.

*Four years ago*
   Flashback....

"Sid", Avneet broke into a sob in Siddharth's arm before blurting, "I'm pregnant."

She felt the way Siddharth froze in his place with her still between his arms, the arms rubbing her back stilled as Siddharth snapped his head down to look at her.

"W-what?", he asked Avneet, shocked obviously and the latter could just burst into sobs as more tears followed.

Siddharth exhaled shakily, gulping the lump in his throat and pulled the girl to his chest.

"Shh, baby. It's okay. It's not your fault. Calm down.", he consoles his crying girlfriend up to his chest, even though his mind was a mess itself.

After about ten minutes of sobbing and silence, Avneet pulls back from the hug, sniffling slowly. "Sid- I'm pr-pregnant.", she mumbled again and Siddharth can literally see her eyes brimming with tears again.

Siddharth sighs and presses his lips against Avneet's in a long peck, knowing it would calm her down, actually, the both of them.

Siddharth proceeds to place a hand on Avneet's stomach and exhales shakily. "You're... We are pregnant?", he said, more like asked and Avneet nodded feverishly a few times, her eyes fixed on the warm palm on her belly, a small ghost of smile on his face.

"Aren't you gonna say," she sniffs, "something?"

Siddharth looked pained, like someone was squeezing throat. He could barely believe that they were pregnant and at this time. It was too much.

"Baby.", he brings a hand to cup Avneet's face, words coming out so rough and dragged as he forced himself to talk, "Stop crying, okay? Let's talk. We'll talk about it, hm?", he wipes the tears off of her face, "Sh, stop. No more crying."

Avneet nods her head. "Okay.", she sniffles. "You- you're not m-mad, right?", she asked and the insecurity in her voice breaks something inside of Siddharth. He presses his lips against Avneet's in an assuring kiss.

"Baby...", he whispered, "Why would I be mad at you?", he asked, pecking her lip again softly in a feathery touch.

"Hm? It wasn't just you. It was me as well. It takes two to tango."

Avneet lets out a laugh at the last part. "Stop making it weird.", she whined, slapping Siddharth's chest who let out quiet chuckles as well.

Siddharth moved a hand to Avneet's belly and Avneet  almost teared up again.

Siddharth's palm on their baby, where her baby is right now, it felt so good!

"I-", Siddharth hesitated to say, his throat clogging, "Avneet, you know that we can't keep this baby, right?"

Avneet moved away to look at Siddharth in disbelief, shock and hurt. Siddharth saw Avneet's s expression and sighed.

This was not the reaction Avneet expected from her Siddharth at all. Absolutely not.

She knew Siddharth would be over the moon! Maybe a little stressed? Yes. But he would never say anything like this.

"Baby- don't get me wrong.", he said, pulling Avneet back to his chest, "There's nothing I would love more than our child. But you have to understand. This is not the right thing to do now."

Avneet shook her head, trying to deny. "But, Sid-"

Siddharth shushed her, running a hand through her hair. "No, you're not thinking about it all.", he told her, "Baby we're barely twenty and you're just nineteen. This is not the age for having a child.", he explained slowly.