Chapter 3

I'm at a loss for words. I mean, I've been speechless before, but this is a whole new level. Luckily, I don't even have a chance to respond because Darth Vader, who might also be my father, I'm not sure, starts talking again. "You will be training with the Grand Inquisitor in the ways of the Force."

"What's the Force?" I ask.

"The Force is an energy field. It keeps the galaxy together. Some people have a strong connection to it and can use it as a tool." Darth Vader/Father explains. I nod, although it doesn't make much sense. "Now, come." I get up from my bed, hopping down-my feet don't touch the floor-and follow him out into the halls of the Imperial ship. Or station. Or...I have no idea.

Walking to the Inquisitor's office, I was terrified. Being taken captive by the Empire was bad enough, but to find out that Darth Vader, the most feared man in all the galaxy, was my father, was beyond comprehension.

As we walked through the long, dark hallways of the Imperial ship, I clutched my father's hand tightly, trying to draw some comfort from his suffering grip. But his hand felt cold and unyielding, reminding me that in his own way he was just as much a part of this nightmare as I was.

I didn't want to be here, didn't want to learn about the Force or join the Dark side. I just wanted to go home, to be safe again. Well, safer. But there was no home to return to, no safety in this dangerous new world that I suddenly found myself trapped in.

When we arrived at the Grand Inquisitor's quarters, my heart sank. The door slid open with a hiss, like the sound of a serpent's warning, and I was pushed through the threshold.

The room was dimly lit, but the Inquisitor's presence was unmistakable. He was a tall, imposing figure, with piercing eyes that seemed to see right through me.

"Well, well," he said, his voice dripping with venom. "If it isn't the daughter of Lord Vader himself."

My father said nothing, but his grip on my hand became even tighter. I looked up at him, pleading silently for help, but there was nothing he could do. This was the world he had chosen to be a part of, and I was now caught in the middle. Great. Thanks a lot.

The Inquisitor rose from his chair and stepped toward me, his movements slow and deliberate. I tried to back away, but there was nowhere to run. "Now then," the Inquisitor said, circling me like a predator sizing up its prey. "Let's see what you're made of, shall we?"

I didn't know what he meant, didn't know what he wanted from me. But as he drew closer, I realized that it didn't matter. This was a man who had the power to crush me, to break me, to make me into anything he wanted me to be.

I felt a hot tear trickle down my cheek, and I knew that I was truly alone in this world.

My father finally left the room, leaving me alone with the Grand Inquisitor. I felt a chill run through my body as the door slid shut behind him.

In the silence that followed, the Inquisitor's cold, calculating gaze held me in place.

"So, you're Lord Vader's daughter," he said, his voice low and menacing. "I bet he'll be disappointed when he finds out how weak you are."

I didn't know what to say. I just stood there, trembling, waiting for him to do something.

And then he did.

In one swift movement, he hit me across the face, sending me reeling backwards. I fell to the ground, dazed and confused.

"You're nothing," he sneered, as I struggled to get back up. "A pathetic little creature who doesn't deserve to carry the name Skywalker."

He struck me again, and again, and again, his rage boiling over. I could feel my body starting to break down, but I refused to give in. I knew that if I did, he would win.

But the Inquisitor was relentless. He kept hitting me, over and over.

Then, suddenly, it stopped.

The room was silent, except for the sound of my ragged breathing.

The Inquisitor stood over me, his face twisted with anger and contempt.

"You'll never be anything," he said, spitting the words out like venom. "You think you're strong, but you're not. You're weak. And you'll always be weak."

With those final words, he turned on his heel and left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts and my pain.