Page 21

Sunday came and Kendra was sitting on the couch of her parent's living room reading a book for new young mothers with a warmer blanket over her. There was a Knock the door. I'll get it Kendra said slowly getting up. She opens the door to see a familiar face. What's up girl I brought u some to eat Chance expressed smiling with too big bags of cornels from cornels restaurant and place he knew Kendra liked. She was sort of flattered. How did u get that? Easy I work part time at mackie's grocery store. Only night shift tho. Oh! Well that's thoughtful of u come in. So what is it that u want huh? Well I can't lie Kendra I still do love u true enough but i understand what I put u through that was wrong and I apologize. Kendra was shocked to hear the word apologize. a-apology accepted. Just wanted u to know that. I appreciate it really. Well I'd better get going I gotta get prepared for school and work in the morning. Same here and question how u know where I stay? Well I rode pass and saw u coming out. Haha figured. See u tomorrow maybe? Maybe Chance got in the car backed up and drove off as Kendra waved and close the door. why don't u give Kiy another try I mean he's the father of your kids come on now. Mattie expressed as they walked from the cafeteria. No! Sis do u know what he did?! The nigga have a whole other baby on her there's no coming back from that Chardi expressed. agreed Kendra said rolling her eyes and shaking her head. And speak of the damn devil Mattie said as they saw Kiy coming their way. Kendra baby can we talk please Kiy begged. What is there to talk about? Us and our little family please. Kendra paused. You got one minute. Damn one minute? Ok 1 second. Okok I'm sorry. What do u want? I want chu you know that. Hooooow??? When u got another baby on the way. I wasn't trying to do that. But you did. Look I was stupid I was stupid I want my family back. I promise it won't ever happen again I love u. I thought you changed Kiy! Kendra expressed as her eyes watered. I diiiiid I did change for youuu. Kiy expressed as he stroked the side of Kendra's face looking her in her eyes. I can't even tell Kendra voice Trembled as she walked away with Mattie and Chardi. Kiy just stood there as he watched the love of his life walk away from him. Ayyyyyye maaane you Aite? A familiar voice asked.