43

I wish I could say it stood quiet, maybe they went inside Hyunjin's car that has still been running with that warm tempt.

But no, although Hyunjin too thought it was going alright. He didn't expected to see Felix like this, even while the only focus he had on these past months were on work. Even more so when Felix left.

He came to a realization that, despite Felix being quite a dumb he had hired, despite the loudness, mess he caused and distractions that was on Hyunjin, making him not focus on work for even just a bit only to take care of Felix had given him the break he always needed.

People, sure, have asked about Hyunjin's fucked up schedule of workloads but it was all different too. Felix gave genuine concern...well, in a way.

"Let fucking go of me!" When Hyunjin thought Felix was feeling better, he was relieved to be there, only to be pushed away. Both the bodies of the two getting cold in that same moment.

Felix did thank him in a low voice, somehow Hyunjin was able to catch that from his attention being all on Felix today.

Hyunjin was still oblivious, confused on why the younger was being so distant from him. So different.

He didn't stand back up, looked back to the container of brownies he threw onto the bench before he had caught Felix from slipping.

The container had opened and almost all the brownies have fallen out.

Felix didn't leave, he feels awkward and stiff. He looked at the bench, saw the container of brownies and didn't hesitate to pick them up. They went back in the container but did not go back in Hyunjin's arms.

Hyunjin got up, dusted his suit pants and reached out his hand. Felix, instead, held the container closer so Hyunjin asked for it.

"Don't make this so troublesome and end up sicking yourself, Chan Hyung will drop a new one at your office." Felix pulled out his phone, the percent at 2.

Shit! Fucking got me so nervous for today I didn't charge my phone!

"If I let you do that I might not get my container back." Felix looked at Hyunjin, his thumb on the phone screen.

"Your container?" He rose a brow.

"Well, no yet, it just did for the past few months." Hyunjin has his hand stood up as he explained. Felix tried not to smirk or smile, it wouldn't be a good act.

"That was just a personal matter, you'll receive the café's box of brownies." Hyunjin doesn't look like he likes the idea.

"Do I have choice?" His face acts the question, in a 'please say I do' manner.

"No." Felix looked back to his phone, the screen was all black and when he tried turning it on he got annoyed, thinking it froze so he pressed it to turn it back on only to show that the phone had died.

"Fuck!" He mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Hyunjin took steps towards the other, fast, but 'woah'-ed when he felt himself falling back. Felix was quick and held the other's arm and stood him back up steadily. Hyunjin smirked, thanking him.

"Whatever.." Felix looked at the container. Feeling blush-y.

"It's the only presence of you, won't you make an exception?" Felix's heart throbbed. His throat tightened.

Hyunjin was in front of him, was he too in his thoughts to hear or see him move?

He looks just below the clear container, there stood the other's palm and his other hand just close enough to touch one of his own hands.

His felt his stomach sinking, too many thoughts raising and the possibility of what this might mean. Felix can feel the temperature in between, how just not so far one hand is from the other. He could just be stupid this night, they don't have a relation but the way Hyunjin is persuading him. Acting like they're in love who ran away from each other because they just couldn't make it.

"You barely know me, why are you acting so close?" Felix is pleading for an answer, the back of his mind giving him a headache from the echo's of him being Chan's responsibly and now he's Hyunjin's...just because of the friendship between the other two.

Hyunjin didn't even began talking, he couldn't when he saw the expression on the other's face. His face is so red and without even touching it he knows it's cold as well. Colder than anything he's touched.

His whole body hesitates when he raises an arm, still he bought it close enough to touch him. Close enough to wipe the tears, close enough to lean in and it's now just a moment. He doesn't take advantage of it. He doesn't want to make it even worse.

"I dislike skinship, do you know?" Felix heard his voice, it's warmer than the night, warmer than the now raining slow motion of snow flakes.

He can feel Hyunjin's warmth, the hand on his cheek, the hot breath and it doesn't stink. He dislikes stinky breathes.

Felix shook his head. Maybe he knew, maybe doesn't or just maybe he's lost in the moment too.

"If you need prove of any of that, you know who to ask. I'm not very close to many." Hyunjin exhaled, his administration for the freckles showing as he slowly turn to every and all stars printed on the raven's cheek.

He smiled at something he come to know about, Felix looked up when he somehow felt it, his eyes were not too sad, they didn't rain but they did show confusion.

"I remember insulting someone, in my head, who had freckles. He was a big guy, didn't quite fit that beauty. I hated everything that someone had, what you have." Felix is shocked he didn't expect that, Hyunjin didn't even know him then, they never came even close to one another.

Feeling down and insulted, he got a hold of Hyunjin's hand that was on his cheek, it wouldn't budge.

"I disliked you very much. So clumsy, even a cat could do better, maybe even a chick." Hyunjin leaned up, checking the other's face. Imaging a chick with freckles, he smiled. This made Felix anger.

Hyunjin saw the emotions on the other, he looks like he could burst out, slap him to another universe.

"You are Chan's cousin, -" in that split second he felt the wind of a smack coming towards him but caught the hand. Felix had dropped the container, it hit the now little white floor and opened.

"My best friend, thus you are my responsibility."
****
Bless your parents for your existence (whether they're assholes or not). <3