chapter one

I never paid attention to the news when I was younger. Maybe if i did i wouldnt be in this situation.

I walked down the dark streets of Gotham city. The sound of horns honking and music playing fills my ears. I draw my hood over my head, my bag on one of my shoulders. Tires screeched and men yelling just around the corner. I continue to walk down the street, I turn the corner and see the most beautiful purple lamborghini parked. I keep my head down and continue to walk. The shouting turns into a man begging, I keep walking. Some grunting and groans, some incoherent words later I stop walking when I see a glimpse of someone. I move to the shadows instantly regretting my decisions.

Some of the guys started walking to a black suv next to the Lamborghini, I turned to walk another way not wanting them to notice me. "Boss" , one with a rough voice, calls for his boss. I don't know what happens with them as I start to walk away, "aye" he calls.

I walk a bit faster.

"Yo!" he yells.

I walk faster.

He groans and gets closer behind me, "Aye, Bitch! Im talkin to you"

I walk even faster, he reaches out and places his hand on my shoulder. I jolt away and start running.

"Get her" I assume his boss shouts.

I run faster, turning the corner and running down the street. I run faster than I ever have into another alley, I run down some other street trying to get home before he can catch me. I dig in my pocket for my key, I run up the stairs and unlock the door looking behind me as I do so. I don't see him but still I throw open the door and go inside. I lock the door and run upstairs, to my bedroom. I close all the blinds and lock my bedroom door and double check my window lock. Only when I don't see or hear anything do I finally get ready for bed. That night when I'm going to bed I make sure to set a chair up against my door and check my locks once again.